Eyelash Transplants

MacVirgin

whaaaaaaaaaaat!?? lol!!
greengrin.gif

Shawna

I think I'll stick to extra coats of mascara and fake lashes. I can understand this for people who have legitimately lost their eyelashes from cancer or burns, but come on people. I can't believe they expect us to equate beauty with long lush lashes. *Rant here* This is what is wrong with the world. Who decides what is beautiful and what isn't. You just know that some fat ass plastic surgeon is telling women that they have to have the lash extentions to make them beautiful. We are beautiful from within, not from what we look like on the outside!!!

DaizyDeath

that procedure has been around for as long as hair transplants same thing basically there just wasnt much intrest untill now.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
I think I'll stick to extra coats of mascara and fake lashes. I can understand this for people who have legitimately lost their eyelashes from cancer or burns, but come on people. I can't believe they expect us to equate beauty with long lush lashes. *Rant here* This is what is wrong with the world. Who decides what is beautiful and what isn't. You just know that some fat ass plastic surgeon is telling women that they have to have the lash extentions to make them beautiful. We are beautiful from within, not from what we look like on the outside!!!

The fact that you use mascara and fake lashes shows that you value long thick lashes just like the women who get these surgeries. So whats with the outrage?

No one is telling you that you have to get eyelash implants. But for those women who have some money to spend and want thicker longer eyelashs all the time, why not?

Shawna

You totally missed my point. I was trying to say that I don't like plastic surgeons that "suggest" women would be more beautiful if they had certain enhancements. I decide what I think is beautiful for me and it has nothing to do with what society deems beautiful. Believe me, I am sure I would scare the hell out of you with what I think is beautiful. That said, while I am all for temporary fixes, I don't agree with wasting valuable medical space performing surgeries that are completely unecessary. In Canada (and I am sure it is different in the US, as I am sure you will be the one to correct me) we have at least a 1 year waiting period for surgery. If you have cancer, you might be lucky to have your surgery within 6 months. A woman I know needed eye surgery for glaucoma and had one eye done, but had to wait 2 years to have the second eye done. By that time, she would have been permanently blind. I don't understand why you feel the need to be so antagonistic all the time, but it sure is keeping me entertained
cutey.gif

glam8babe

thats hurrendous! why not use mascara and falsies... or get eyelash extentions at your local salon for about £50 [about $90 US]

astronaut

I was thinking about it. I didn't know it existed at first. Then I thought to myself, they have hair transplants, and eyebrow transplants, so I don't see why they couldn't transplant hair in the lash area too! Then I actually looked it up and to see if it existed. I saw the price, yeah, and if I had the money I'd consider getting it... but... then I saw:

eyelash_transplant_ba.jpg

lashbefore-after_front512.jpg

lashfrontbefore-afterclosed_512.jpg

Ehhh Not so impressed. Looks like they just stuck some longer hairs randomly. I thought it would be like dramatic totally fake looking lashes! That I'd do
winks.gif

Shawna

Aren't those the ones that you have to continually cut? Maybe she didn't know to cut them to match the rest of her lashes? They look really really bad.

Latest posts