Eyelid operation....

jess98765

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOTOPiA
i wouldn't suggest doing it during a vacation. typically there's two types of procedures now laser and good ol' cutting. anyhow most of my friends who have had this surgery have had the cutting type. basically they'll slit your eyelids, grab some fat and snip it off and then sew the skin of your lids back together. you'll be stitched up twice, once with a permenant thread and once with a temporary one that will be removed in 3 days. you're going to be bruised or swollen for at least 2-3 weeks. the look of the eye usually won't even look normal til at least 3 months (due to swelling and such). you want to have the procedure done at home during vacation or at least some where locally where you can recheck up with your doctor to see how the healing/progress is going. it's a simple operation, done within the day. they give you giant elephant shots around the eyes and i believe your arms too. you're awake during the whole process and you get to go home the same day. also, if you still consider doing the surgery on your vacation make sure its at a sterile place with real doctors. plastic surgeons can be dentists... make sure you know they're history, references, recommendations etc. and ask many, many questions. oh and research first. but yeah... i personally don't believe in eyelid surgery but for those who opted to do so, i would say 3 out of 4 came out very nicely. there's always one person here and there where you can DEFINITELY tell and just feel bad for such a botched job. dont' forget the risk of blindness and disfiguration. weigh your options, but ultimately its what will make you feel better. (from what i've heard it hurts but not too bad, you'll be stuck with hats and sunglasses for awhile)

Ok i'm freeked out now! Right that's it, i don't think i will do it
smiles.gif

jess98765

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonRisa
My whole thing is whyyyy do you want to change your eyes?!? I guess I just never understood surgery for a purely cosmetic reason. My friends who want boob jobs tell me I'll never understand because I have a D cup. I *do* want plastic/cosmetic surgery, but I want a breast reduction because it's a pain for my back - that's the only reason. I cannot fathom why anyone would want to permanently change their appearance (unless you look like one of those extreme makeover chicks who's been teased all your life for looking like a troll or something).

There's nothing WRONG with your eyes. They're not abnormal. Asian eyes are my absolute favorite to do because there's so much more room to work with and so many styles to play with. And even that statement annoys me because there isn't just one style of asian eyes. I guess I just meant I love doing eyes that have no visible crease. I don't know . . . I wouldn't do it if I were you. I've seen so many mishaps with cosmetic surgery on the women I work on and it's just not worth it IMO. I say love yourself for who you are, and anyone who's not happy with the way YOU look, needs to go fuck themselves. And anyway, differences, flaws and imperfections are what give us character
winks.gif

thanks hun!! i feel much better about my eyes now
smiles.gif
I just felt that i should do it seeing how i'm going to a place where its so commonly done and much cheaper... But after looking at the things that could go wrong and also the brusing and sweeling afterwards, i don't think i want that so probably won't go through with it! Thanks for the kind words though
smiles.gif

Pink_minx

Eww scary I have no lids too but I wanted to get one too but then I thought it wasnt neccessary because I really didnt need it. As for my mom she saids she needs one even though she has lids but her extra skin is sagging sort of so she might need it.

shygirl

I'm so glad you asked this question! I'm considering getting an eyelift as well. I was born several months premature and was left with deafness and ptosis (aka 'lazy eye'). I'd like to have this done because the older I get, the more my eyelid seems to close. I wish I had Paris Hilton's 'don't give a fk attitude' about her eyes but it's also really affecting my vision and lens costs.
I've been reading that the patient is wide awake while the procedure is done?! I'd fkn die if I can see a scalpel coming near my eye!

Ms. Z

Paris Hilton has droopy lids? I have to take a good look at her photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shygirl
I'm so glad you asked this question! I'm considering getting an eyelift as well. I was born several months premature and was left with deafness and ptosis (aka 'lazy eye'). I'd like to have this done because the older I get, the more my eyelid seems to close. I wish I had Paris Hilton's 'don't give a fk attitude' about her eyes but it's also really affecting my vision and lens costs.

I've been reading that the patient is wide awake while the procedure is done?! I'd fkn die if I can see a scalpel coming near my eye!

joytheobscure

Quote:
Originally Posted by vloky
Oh ok, I was picturing no eyelids at all and was thinking of a painful life full of eye drops and goggles and no eye shadow. Um. It is possible.. I get it now though.

ROFL here- being blonde most of my life- I was thinking of "Wow, poor girl-" first thing I thought of is "She must like Lip products" - I feel real silly.

I have the facial bone structure of my Native American (Choctaw) family- but am pale with green eyes- I'm unique - I'll deal with it. My crease is not well defined -I think thats why a lot of times its just natural to use two shades to get them to show up or else line my eyes brightly. But, I think if you really feel you need surgery go for it. I would never do anything with my eyes - just would hate to risk vision over anything. I remember as a kid not liking my eyes because I thought they looked different from all my little german /scandinavian descendent friends... This is really interesting reading about the different shapes of the eye. I'm amazed at how different all of the eyes/surgeries turned out.

Its funny there is a theory that the Zuni people in Western New Mexico have 13th century Japanese Ancestry and one of the main anthropological findings was their eyes and the epicantheal fold, and a kidney disease. The Zunis look asian (much more than Navajo and Apache or Choctaw). I started reading on this topic after because I wanted to find out if my eyes were like that. I get off on a tangent and this is one of my weird interests- people's bone and facial structures... its so neat how different everyone in the world is...