Eyeliner--does it look odd not on waterline?

gigglegirl

I searched and couldn't find anything.

Anyways I am curious on what everyone thinks about eyeliner placement. I use kohl powers to line my lower lash line as I normally wear contacts and am worried about getting pencil in my eye (mascara is bad enough sometimes!).

Do we (who don't line the waterline) look weird to everyone else??

xphoxbex

lol, i never line my waterline, it makes my eyes look small for some reason. I also line only my lower lash line, it makes my eyes look bigger. I don't think its weird that we don't line our water line. hth!

knoxydoll

I usually don't for daytime and only sometime for night. If I'm going for drama, sultry, hotness with a smoky eye I will. I find it just smudges or irritates my eyes.

lvgz

i agree with the above. i never wear it on my waterline, it makes me look weird (in my opinion. it looks great on everyone else). it makes my eyes look small and im asian.. hahah no need for that one. i do however like to line it (if i do at all) with a champagne (shimmery) colored liner or fascinating liner, which is white. makes my eyes pop

gigglegirl

wow wow wow it's nice to know there are definitely a lot of ppl who don't line their waterline! I'm worried about the whole irritation possibility. So nice to hear people don't think it looks weird! *phew*
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

LoL your topic made me laugh. i hardly ever line my waterline. I don't see the point, because it wipes right off. I wouldn't believe someone if they said that their eyeliner on their waterline doesn't come off (unless their eyes are really dry) lol

sometimes i use white on my waterline, which seems to stay a lot longer, and makes my eyes pop.

My eyes are average/small and i know that lining the bottom is supposed to make them look even smaller. But i still do it. I think its too much to line the top, bottom, and waterline. I may do it every once in awhile but theres no big difference in my opinion

Hilly

It usually makes my eyes watery when I line it...and then I wipe my eyes, smear my makeup, and then look like a $2 hooker

faifai

lol I have the opposite problem, I wear eyeliner on my waterline every single day and go without for special occasions!

I think not wearing eyeliner on the waterline is actually the norm. Regularly wearing it on the waterline is something I see mostly among Indian subcontinental and Middle Eastern girls, because kohl is such a part of our beauty culture.
smiles.gif

Kiseki

It's pretty much the only way I wear eyeliner and only Kohls.

And no it doesn't look weird. Some brands like Bobbi Brown don't advocate putting eyeliner on your waterline.

sherrle

i like the look of liner on the lower lash line, but i have trouble applying it. my lower lashes get in the way and make it hard for me to do an even, fine line. does anyone else have this problem? usually i just do a bit of liner on my outer waterline, but it all depends on the look i'm going for.

Shimmer

I don't line my waterline, and I rarely line my lower lashline. I just had LASIK and am super paranoid about things being on/in/near my eyes.

mena22787

i sometimes very lightly line just the outer half of my waterline just to put some color there cuz my waterline's usually pretty pink/pigmented

La Ilusion

Before a couple months ago I never lined my waterline. Now I wear a pale gold (instead of white because I'm not pale and the whites of my eyes aren't bright white) to make my eyes look more open or black (only occasionally) when I want to really define the shape of my eyes.

But, when I was in college, I wore black liner thickly on my top and bottom lashlines. And I promise you, no one ever stopped me and asked why I hadn't also lined the waterline.
winkiss.gif
I doubt that most people even notice waterlines much.

Latest posts