Eyeshadow always looking "bumpy"/bad.. r/o please :D

ruby_soho

Well my friend has Stillife and whenever I do her makeup I find it's a paint that's hard to work with, as opposed to Bare Canvas and Shimma which are so smooth. Maybe try warming it up in your fingers and rubbing it around before applying to try and smooth it out a bit, or try a different base and see if that's what's causing the unevenness.

SugarAsh182

Maybe you need a thinner e/s base like Urban Decay PP? Make sure you let it dry before hand (I do at least!)... I also always use Bare Canvas. Maybe try that one instead?

glittergoddess27

Hmm,.. I dont think that I have ever had much trouble with my Stillife? That is one of my staples. If you apply it too thickly I did notice however that it will crack and look kinda bumpy? But they all do that if they are too thick. I usually get that problem when I apply it with something else besides my 242 or my fingers, which is what I normally use.

Try applying a shimmery eyeshadow wet to your eyelid without a base,.. that should kinda give you an idea if it is your primer or you lid.

user3

I am going to be honest....It's probably your lids.
I have the same problem. My lids look really smooth until I add on a base. For some reason MAC paints not matter which one I use seem show every little tiny skin crease I have and it makes my lids look dry (which is crazy because I have very oily lids).
I won't stop using them because they keep my e/s in place without creasing.

Now I can tell you that Urban Decay Primer Potion doesn't give me such a "dry" look and my lids look almost as smooth with the PP as they do bare. However, I can't use PP for things like MAC Pigments or when I "pack" on my e/s. For some reason I get major fading when use that combo. It doesn't crease so if you can deal with a little fading I say give it a try.

pumpkincat210

it sounds like your lids. Try a paint that has no shimmer like Bare canvas or Untitled. Also the urban decay primer potion works well if you can find it!