• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

eyeshadow application: 101

kimmy

your highlight colour will be used to highlight the brownbone and the inner corners of the eyes near the tear ducts. it's usually best to use a shadow that has some shimmer for this as the shimmer will help to bring the highlighted areas forward by reflecting the light.
you will need two lid colours. the first lid colour will be used on the majority of the mobile lid. the finish of this shadow is pretty inconsequential and is left up to personal preferrence. the second lid colour will go on the outer corner of the mobile lid. preferrably this will be a darker or complimentary shade to the first lid colour. matte finishes are very popular for this.
the crease colour will be applied in the crease of the eyelids. generally, this is a matte finish shadow which will contour the eyelid and absorb the light, making this area appear more defined. this is typically the darkest shade of eyeshadow you will use during the look.
eyeliner is just a finishing touch preferred by a few people to polish off the look and add the look of volume to the lashline. if you opt to smudge your liner for a softer look, go with a kohl pencil. if you'd prefer a sharper look, liquid liner is the product for you.

eyeshadow.gif

apply your highlight colour softly to the browbone and inner corners of the eyes (the yellow areas) with a fluffy eyeshadow brush similar to the mac 213.

using a sponge tip applicator, pack your first lid colour onto the inner half of the mobile lid (the sky blue area) and get ready to apply your second lid colour to the outer half using a shading brush like the mac 242.

with a pencil brush, apply your crease colour to the creased area of your eyelids (the red area) most people find it helpful to tilt their heads back and look slightly down while applying eyeshadow to their crease as it allows for more controlled application and lets you get the crease even on both sides.

using your favourite blending brush, blend your colours together first focusing on blending the browbone highlight into the crease. then work on blending your mobile lid colours together, it usually helps to use a bit of a circular motion. don't forget to blend the lower lashline where your crease and highlight colour should meet about halfway.

finish your look off with a little eyeliner and you're all ready to go!

meowgoezdacow

this is definitely helpful especially this line for application on the crease "most people find it helpful to tilt their heads back and look slightly down" i always had problems with my crease lol

Paia21

this is very helpful !!!
th_DANCE.gif

Thank you!
I will translate it for my italian friends
smiles.gif

I'm sorry but the image was deleted...can you replace?

Who is the "pencil brush" for the crease?

Thank you very much ^-^

Paola

Blueeyesangel18

I would also love the image to be replaced I do understand what you mean and find this very helpful its just an image would help me to see the overall shape

marvlgrl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowgoezdacow
this is definitely helpful especially this line for application on the crease "most people find it helpful to tilt their heads back and look slightly down" i always had problems with my crease lol

Agreed. Also the bit about using a circular motion is awesome. Thanks!

aiyssa

ugh THANK you so much! i bought all these eyeshadows and don't really know how to use them yet. this is helpful!

Latest posts