Eyeshadow Base - Slightly oily

equiworks

Any suggestions for a eyeshadow base for semi oily lids? Usually 3/4 of the way through my day my lids get a little oily and my shadow will crease. I'm looking for a base that could help with this, and also help bring out my shadow colors.. and most importantly, user friendly.
smiles.gif

friedargh

I also agree with urban decay primer potion (original formula!) My lids ae super oily and with the primer I find that my lids don't get oily for about 10 hours and my eyeshadow stays put
smiles.gif
HTH

xxLAKESHAxx

Urban Decay Primer Potion Hands Down!!! And I Always Top Mine With A Mac Paint Pot, Usually In Painterly For Everyday Looks...

volumpouslady15

I 2 have oily eyelids and I have found 3 to really work for me. Bare Escentuals Prime Time eye primer is great. It gives a nice matte finish for my eyeshadows 2 be applied. Really helps bring out the color. I'm now using Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It's okay 4 now. I only got it because Bare Escentuals was out but it also keeps a nice matte finish and shows off color great and it's long lasting. And I got a Benefit Stay Put eye primer as a sample. With this one, a little goes a very long way. But it only holds up 4 about a couple of hours. I hope this helps u out!
girlhaha.gif

Funtabulous

I have the same problem. I've heard a lot about UDPP, do you think I could get a sample of it at Sephora?

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtabulous
I have the same problem. I've heard a lot about UDPP, do you think I could get a sample of it at Sephora?

I don't think you will need a sample of it, I have not heard of one person who didn't get along with it so you should be ok buying the full sized version.

Also, OP if you are in the UK then 2true do a concealer which I use as an alternative to UDPP, it holds up for a good 7 hours, I use that when I'm going to work and keep UDPP for times when I will be wearing makeup for a longer period of time.

RedRibbon

Hmm.. you could try wiping your eyelids with a tissue, adding some loose powder, then UDPP and then your shadows?

pinkita

i have oil lids too but i don´t have udpp here, because that, i use shadow insurance (to faced) and i love it!

Meisje

I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance. My shadow lasts until I take it off, no matter what brand I use.

You have to be precise with the application of these primers. If you haven't cleaned off your previous eye makeup thoroughly, or if you are putting it on on a morning where you haven't showered, you have to make sure the eye area is REALLY clean. If there are remnants of yesterdays makeup (even if you HAVE showered), or if there is an accumulation of oil from overnight, you will get creasing. If you put on too much, it will also crease.

RedRibbon

I find if I put on too much UDPP (back when I was a noob, this was a weekly occurence) my eyeshadow takes on a grey-ish tinge to it. I once wore a pearly colour and it went bright white because I had too much UDPP on.

Mabelle

if your lids are REALLY oily try something thicker than udpp, because that stuff really rubs in. I woudl suggest trying smashbox or Kat Von D primer as both are thicker and will create a better barrier between your skin and your makeup. Ive met quite a few people who even with using UDPP or too faced shadow insurance, have still had problems with creasing. Like i said, if your very oily, opt for a thicker formula.

Unfortunately, you cant really sample them at sephora (theyre all tubes like lipgloss, so scooping some out isnt really an option) i woudl suggest to go in without any makeup, and put some on, then with some shadow. Wear it around all day, and if it doent crease, go back for it.

Sushi~Flower

Ditto! I have extremely oily lids and after an exhaustive search,trial and error, I found a base that is perfect for my lids. MAC Paints, NOT the Paint Pots * they crease on me too*, but the paints in the little metal tubes
thmbup.gif
That is my go to product for this issue. I like Bare Canvas for everyday (matte neutral color) or Base Light ( gold ). There are several different colors available but this one works great for me
smiles.gif
You can go to any MAC and ask for a sample of it, or better yet, ask for a simple eye demo with it and se for yourself
winks.gif

kittykit

Another vote for Too Faced Shadow Insurance! I've oily lids and I don't bother to try any other brands because this primer really works for me.