Eyeshadow Brush or Shadestick? [PICTURES]

mixxey

I've recently watched a lot of tutorial videos by Queenofblending on youtube and her stuff is AWESOME. Her eyeshadows always look SOO vibrant. She puts Beige-ing shadestick as a base and she says that that's what makes them so vivid. But is that really true? Is it because of the Shadestick or maybe her brushes? I didn't use MAC's eyeshadows before. Are THEY alone really that vivid?
MyPicGallery.com: myworkLNSII
Look at all the colors! :O

Amaranth

I'd say it's probably a combination of the two. The Shadestick gives the shadows something to stick to (if I want REALLY vibrant colour, I find using a shadestick that is close to the eyeshadow colour I'm putting over it works the best), and certain brushes can really pack on the colour. The MAC mini shader (#231), for example, really allows you to press a lot of colour onto your lid. Some MAC eyeshadows are more pigmented than others, but for the most part, they are all better than the cheap stuff. MAC Pigments are generally even more pigmented and vibrant than the shadows as well, though they are tougher to work with since they're loose and can really make a mess. HTH!

mariecinder

Having a good base makes all the difference in getting colors to be vibrant, IMO. Like Amaranth said it gives the shadow something to stick to. Everyday I use a combination of UDPP and Bare Study paint pot and that works very well for me. If I want the color to really pop, I'll use Overcast shadestick, its a white base so to me it makes the color pop.

user79

I do recall reading on her Myspace page once that she is a big fan of the Shadesticks, and I remember seeing pics of her collection and she had the shadesticks in lots of diff colors, so it would not surprise me if she used the various colors beneath her eyeshadows.