eyeshadow brushes

pepe

It's almost shameful to admit I only own one brush and that is my powder brush. Having slowly and surely realised I need some serious stocking up to do. I am on a search for awesome eyeshadow brushes. I'd love to hear your tips
yes.gif

P.S Have any of you tried Tigi Bed head cosmetic brushes, they seem soooo nice

newagetomatoz

How much are you willing to spend? MAC makes some great ones, like the 266, 210, 219, 239, 242. Or if you're looking to go a lezz expensive route, CVS's Essence of Beauty offers some brushes that are really good IMO. I love their crease brushes! HTHS!

laguayaca

Brushes I can't live without:
If you have a outlet close to u go and see what brushes are available! Sometimes they even have the sets those are great starter brushes!

xiahe

if price isn't an issue, MAC makes some really awesome brushes!

if price *is* an issue, try Sonia Kashuk @ Target! i also think that Target-brand MU brushes are really good, too!

HTH!

athena123

For an eyeliner brush, I use one of my thin watercolor brushes [sable]. It comes to a very pointy tip and works perfectly for eyeliner! My watercolor brush is rather spendy, however but since I'll never use such a tiny brush in my painting, at least I"m using it for something else LOL - another advantage of sable for eyeliner is that when it's well made, it's very stiff and resilient enough to return to a point, whereas a pony hair brush isn't sturdy enough to blend in creamy or pencil liners.

Sephora offers a nice line of eyeshadow brushes for much less $$ than MAC brushes, IMO.

user79

I basically use these brushes for all my eye application needs:

272 - great for applying the base colors
219 - pencil brush for lower lid
228 - mini shader brush when you need something small for darker colors
222 or 224 - blending brush
266 or 263 - eyeliner brush

I actually use other brands for the 219, 228 and 266/3 brushes but those would be the MAC equivalents, to give you an idea. If you have those basic brushes, you will pretty much be able to do anything for your eyes. Bobbi Brown also makes awesome brushes, if you can afford them.

Latest posts