Eyeshadow check please

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by look_divine
had a load of pigments turn out to be fake, ladies who helped me didnt know much on the eyeshadows so if any one can help tell if they are real or not it would be much appreciated
the pics are here
look_divine - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
thankyou

I think the white is real.
The blue green, emerald green, rose gold, and green brown have cloudy stickers on the bottom as opposed to the clear sticker on the white one. The printing on the back look off on them as well. I can't tell with copper clast or accent red, it would help if the pictures were directly on the bottom stickers so I can see the stamp and the batch number, etc.
Pink Bronze looks fake. There is no batch number printed on the UPC sticker on the pigment box. The box is way too messed up looking.

Onto the eyeshadows.
Zonk Bleu! Is legit.
Tilt looks fine too. Please mind that I don't have these colors, so I don't know the color itself, but I can tell by other signs that it's legit.
Steamy is good.
Shimmermoss if good.
Goldmine looks good.
I can't tell with newly minted, I don't own any matte2 shadows. But it seems strange how the upc sticker on the box doesn't have a batch number.
As far as I know mineralize eyeshadows have never been counterfeited, they are difficult enough to produce legit. So Ether should be fine.

A good sign for MAC shadows is that they have a single compartment and numbers printed on the bottom of the eyeshadow. If it's smooth, it's fake. If there's another compartment with a mirror and applicator, it's fake. All of your shadows have numbers raised on the bottom of the eyeshadow, the printing on the box is good, and the colors match swatches I have seen.

julie150463

Quote:
had a load of pigments turn out to be fake, ladies who helped me didnt know much on the eyeshadows so if any one can help tell if they are real or not it would be much appreciated
the pics are here
look_divine - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
thankyou

Hi
Most of the pigments are the same as the ones sold to me which as you know turned out to be fake
ssad.gif

I am now on the eyeshadow hunt! I went through all of my stock last night and after buying from the MAC site (so I had something to reference them to) it appears 50% are highly suspect. However - none of the colours you mention are the ones I have doubts about. I will be taking photos for Xqueeze-me and Panda to have a look at and then we'll post with findings.

The colours I have that are 'suspicious' are
  • Budding Beauty
  • Falling Star
  • Yoghurt
  • Light Ray
  • Sushi Flower
  • Creme de Violet
  • Light Ray
  • Girlie
  • Stars 'n' Rocket
  • Folie
  • Club
  • Burnt Orange
I'm still learning so I could be proved to be completely wrong - something to bear in mind just in case

Julie

look_divine

julie did you get a refund off your supplier?
sorry i cant remember where all the stuff is listed on here baffles me sometimes LOL
got a full refund off the seller of copperlast and accent pink, have to return though which im ok with got my refund so im happy
just another 3 sellers to go OMG!!!

julie150463

Quote:
julie did you get a refund off your supplier?
sorry i cant remember where all the stuff is listed on here baffles me sometimes LOL
got a full refund off the seller of copperlast and accent pink, have to return though which im ok with got my refund so im happy
just another 3 sellers to go OMG!!!

Hi
I did
th_DANCE.gif

It was such a relief I can tell you - had geared myself up for a right battle. However after just 2 emails they refunded - still protesting they were genuine!

Hope you sort yours out!

Julie

look_divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie150463
Hi
I did
th_DANCE.gif

It was such a relief I can tell you - had geared myself up for a right battle. However after just 2 emails they refunded - still protesting they were genuine!

Hope you sort yours out!

Julie

fantastic
I just hope mines as easy as that, somehow i dont think it will be
ssad.gif

amber_j

If the sellers are resisting giving you a refund just send them a link for one of the guides on spotting fake MAC pigments. I did this with mac-temptations' guide on fake MAC eyeshadows and it worked a treat. Granted, the sellers I dealt with seemed genuinely peeved that they'd been duped into buying and selling those fakes, but I think suspect at least one of them knew there was something amiss...