Eyeshadow colors to take on vacation?

shrsandra@yahoo

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I'm leaving on vacation on Tuesday for 10 days in California.

I need some advice on what eye makeup to take with me. I'm flying, so only have limited space and can't take everything. I have loads of the tiny mineral eyeshadows in just about every color, mascaras, different eyeliner colors etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sandy

redambition

definitely neutrals - you don't need to pack as much when you do that.

i like taking one of the holiday smoked eyes palettes when i am on holiday. you can go easy and have a neutral look, or pack it on a bit more for some drama.

shrsandra@yahoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by argyle_socks
What part of California are you traveling to?
Definately bring primer! It gets warm, and makeup shifts.

We're going to Ventura. It won't be as warm as here in the south!

Sandy
Standard Poodles USA
Standard Poodles Rule!

COBI

I would say neutrals personally, but I think you should select your "go to" colors, the ones you grab more than everything else.

For example, if you feel naked with neutrals, then following our advice won't necessarily be the best choice for you.

OfficerJenny

Definitely neutrals, If you have like..

All That Glitters, Woodwinked, Espresso, Amber Lights, it would be super pretty and you could make a lot of looks with them :3

BEA2LS

When I travel, I always take an all over neutral base eyeshadow, a medium color, a neutral paint as a primer, a black eyeliner, a fun color (depending on my mood, time of year, etc. - usually to put in the crease and blend in with the neutral), a lip gloss, a blush, a lipstick and lip liner (and of course, my concealor, foundation and powder).

SpringDancer

Personally, my "eye makeup" kit for travelling includes: some sort of an eyeshadow base (primer/cream eyeshadow) to match the eyeshadows I chose; a quad with 4 neutrals - you can make loads of different looks with them; Maybe 1 or 2 loose eyeshadows in tiny containers; one eyeliner (black/brown); and a mascara.

KTB

I'd take neutrals and then that way I'd have an excuse to go buy new stuff
greengrin.gif

abbey_08

take neutrals but dont forget to take something to update your day makeup to night makeup. maybe one or two brighter eyeshadows because you might go out and want to look extra nice!