Eyeshadow Colors

StArCaNdY

I'm having trouble getting my eyeshadow colors to show exactly how they do on the pot. I put foundation on my lids first to prep and prime the area but it never ends up looking the same. I used to have MAC prep and prime eye and that didn't really work either.

What can I use so that the colors really show?? Are the shadesticks or paints used for this? Please help :confused:

knoxydoll

Shadesticks and paints can be used or a primer like Urban Decay Primer Potion. A lot of people use a shadestick or paint in either a neutral colour or a colour similar to the one of the eyeshadow.

StArCaNdY

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
Shadesticks and paints can be used or a primer like Urban Decay Primer Potion. A lot of people use a shadestick or paint in either a neutral colour or a colour similar to the one of the eyeshadow.

Which one would you say works best? Id prefer using a neutral color so I can use it with all my eyeshadows. And can I use these with pigments? Thanks

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by StArCaNdY
Which one would you say works best? Id prefer using a neutral color so I can use it with all my eyeshadows. And can I use these with pigments? Thanks

I don't use shadesticks or paint, I use UDPP but you can use either for everything. Many girls use a combonation of these. Some just use something like Vaseline in a really thin layer.

msmack

I use UDPP with pigments and eyeshadows. I have tried vaseline and it just made me crease <-- i can't understand how this can last 5 mins...but some FOTD girls prove it does!

StArCaNdY

Thanks. I think I'll try UDPP. I've heard some good things about it
smiles.gif

MACATTAK

I really like the shadesticks & the new paint pots. The regular paints don't really make my shadows vibrant. On me, they almost wash them out. To me, the best color payoff is achieved with the shadesticks.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by StArCaNdY
Thanks..Can I use shadesticks with pigments too?

Yep - in fact some of them make the pigment colour better - especially if its a duochrome colour or has poor colour payoff, and some of them do. Mangomix is great under Off The Radar pigment which has poor colour payoff and fades quickly, and silverbleu shadestick under Blue Brown REALLY brings out the blue duochrome in the pigment. You really just have to try them on yourself - the bases do affect colour and some bases dont work for everyone.

StArCaNdY

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Yep - in fact some of them make the pigment colour better - especially if its a duochrome colour or has poor colour payoff, and some of them do. Mangomix is great under Off The Radar pigment which has poor colour payoff and fades quickly, and silverbleu shadestick under Blue Brown REALLY brings out the blue duochrome in the pigment. You really just have to try them on yourself - the bases do affect colour and some bases dont work for everyone.

Thanks! I'll have to play around with these
smiles.gif