Eyeshadow contouring/blending without a lot of lid space?

jamie89

Hello everyone! I have trouble with blending and using my eye makeup to contour as I don't have a lot of lid space, especially when I try to create more dramatic looks. Do you have any suggestions? When I put darker colors in my natural crease, it doesn't look dramatic. Here is a picture of me for reference! Thank you!

IMG_1062brozet-1.jpg

Shaquille

Hi Jamie

I would create artificial crease, right under your eyebrows and above your natural crease because I think your natural crease is hidden (just like mine), so you need to show the darker colors.
It will look odd at first if you're not used to it, but you need to do it more and more to get used to it and look natural (practice makes perfect).

Take a look at this tutorial by MissChievous (she's a mod here too). Good luck!

YouTube - Creating Eye Shapes Part 1

jamie89

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
Hi Jamie

I would create artificial crease, right under your eyebrows and above your natural crease because I think your natural crease is hidden (just like mine), so you need to show the darker colors.
It will look odd at first if you're not used to it, but you need to do it more and more to get used to it and look natural (practice makes perfect).

Take a look at this tutorial by MissChievous (she's a mod here too). Good luck!

YouTube - Creating Eye Shapes Part 1

reesesilverstar

What are you talking about? You have TONS of space. It's just that yr eyes would prolly be classified as asian, so you hafta create an artificial crease.

In addition to Misschievous, I'd say to watch Nireyna and alot of the tutorials geared towared Asian eyelids. They helped me ALOT in terms of placement - how to figure it out, and how it would look in the end...

Enkoremakeup
Fafinettex3
kuuipo1207
powpowbaby
pursebuzz

Just to get you started. Like I said, they really helped me. And you can modify their techniques based on what you have.

GOod luck
smiles.gif

gigiopolis

Agh, I have the same kind of problem as you - oh how I wish I had a visible eyelid! But my crease is so hidden. Poo.

I make do with what I have - like the others have said, creating a crease of my own. I add a darker shade to the part of my eyelid that feels like it's sunken in - pretty much right in the middle between my eyebrow and actual crease. When I first did this, I looked like I smudged some dirt on my eyes - not a good look.

With this you really have to be precise (I use a small brush) to contour your fake crease, and then I blend the sh*t out of it! Keep the area of the dark colour small to avoid looking like you got punched in the eye. Whenever I add any darkness to the eye, I like to really brighten up the inside corner, so that my smaller Asian eyes don't look like they're buried in colour.

But really, I had to practice a LOT of times before I could create a crease that I was really happy about - and the videos that reesesilverstar suggested would be perfect to get started on. Just keep experimenting, no one knows what looks good on you except for yourself!

Latest posts