Eyeshadow for weird-colored eyes?

Mm, I'm brand new to this whole makeup thing, and, while I think I've got the foundation (Everyday Minerals is awesome...) and concealor and lip color and mascara things all figured out, I can't figure out for the life of me what eyeshadow colors would complement my eyes. They're not green, not blue, not hazel... Just weird. So, here's a picture (bit of an old picture - forgive the ungroomed brows and complete lack of makeup), and if anyone has any advice, I would majorly appreciate it.
IMG_0029.jpg

faifai

I think rich bronzes/golds/browns would make your eyes look gorgeous! They're so beautiful with the two colors. I imagine kohl liner with smoky metallic dark cocoa shadow would look incredible.

Ms. Z

I'm not good at picking out a color for you, I just wanted to let you know that your eyes are
eyelove.gif
, the burst of yellow is amazing!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by faifai
I think rich bronzes/golds/browns would make your eyes look gorgeous! They're so beautiful with the two colors. I imagine kohl liner with smoky metallic dark cocoa shadow would look incredible.

I enthusiastically agree.

zucker

hi, perhaps it will help you to find out if you are a warm or cold type. (to me you look warm so far)
actually i think everybody can wear nearly all colours if they are well combined. because you are saying you are new to makeupstuff i would suggest you to start with not too dark colours. and perhaps you can go to a counter or store where a pro can help with the basics of eyeshadow and give you colour-suggestions. then they see your whole face and so on.
for me the styling (clothes, hair ..) is really important to give particular any advice.
you have very nice eyes!
smiles.gif

(sorry for my awful english)

evababbie

You have gorgeous eyes... I think most colors would look good on you and I think your eye color will change with the shadows/clothes that you wear.
-Eve =)

Amaranth

My eyes are almost exactly like that, actually. I can't take a picture of them where they look like that (they turn more bluish in pictures and the yellow/green fades away), but in real life, mine are almost the exact same. But we're lucky, you know, we can wear pretty much any eye colour we want...that is, you don't have to add your eye colour into the equation (otherwise, you'd have to consider matching eyeshadow to skin undertones, hair colour, clothing, AND eyes, so it's actually a bit easier for us). What I find is that whatever colour I put on, it looks complimentary to my eyes...it's like your eyeshadows bring out their complimentary colour in your eyes. Trust me, it's a very good thing. I have a number of FOTD's using pretty bright colours if you wanna see...However, as previously mentioned, my eyes come out more blue in my pictures for some reason, but some of them are pretty close.

Thanks, all, for the advice and the always-welcome compliments.
smiles.gif
I think I'm going to start with some lighter brown-y stuff until I get competent. Thank you!

rouquinne

faifai is right - try Mulch - it will be fabulous! Gorgeous Gold and Amber Lights would also be good choices for you.