Eyeshadow help

klazarus

Hi All!! I’m new here and I’m not sure if this is the right sort of question for this forum but here goes...
I have recently become VERY allergic to both urban decay and revolution (I tried two very different brands to see if it made a difference) the reaction I get is streaming eyes ALL day and even the day after I’ve worn it.. my eyes are itchy constantly but it’s the constant watering that kills me.. and it’s like I’m crying!
Have any of you got any recommendations for eyeshadow that’s really really gently or perhaps you’ve had a reaction and moved on to something else? I’m in the uk so as long as it’s a brand I can get hold of I don’t mind what it is 😍

thanks in advance xx

shellygrrl

Staff member
What specific eyeshadow products from each brand did you try out? (I'm guessing you tried one of Revolution's eyeshadow palettes since they don't sell single eyeshadows.)

I ask because there has to be at least one common ingredient used by both brands for you to have that reaction each time, and I'd like to narrow it down a little bit more (that said, at a glance their general eyeshadow formulas are fairly similar).

If you're not in lockdown it may be worth getting an allergy test to find out what specific ingredient(s) you need to avoid around the eyes in the future.

klazarus

What specific eyeshadow products from each brand did you try out? (I'm guessing you tried one of Revolution's eyeshadow palettes since they don't sell single eyeshadows.)

I ask because there has to be at least one common ingredient used by both brands for you to have that reaction each time, and I'd like to narrow it down a little bit more (that said, at a glance their general eyeshadow formulas are fairly similar).

If you're not in lockdown it may be worth getting an allergy test to find out what specific ingredient(s) you need to avoid around the eyes in the future.
Thanks for your response. We are in lockdown unfortunately. The urban decay naked palettes (although I may be going crazy but I’m not sure the matte colours affect me as much, I think it’s just the sparkly/shimmery colours) and I bought so many revolution palettes and they all did it.

makeupbyomar

Hi All!! I’m new here and I’m not sure if this is the right sort of question for this forum but here goes...
I have recently become VERY allergic to both urban decay and revolution (I tried two very different brands to see if it made a difference) the reaction I get is streaming eyes ALL day and even the day after I’ve worn it.. my eyes are itchy constantly but it’s the constant watering that kills me.. and it’s like I’m crying!
Have any of you got any recommendations for eyeshadow that’s really really gently or perhaps you’ve had a reaction and moved on to something else? I’m in the uk so as long as it’s a brand I can get hold of I don’t mind what it is 😍

thanks in advance xx
First off... What colour?

9/10 your are eyes are sensitive to a particular pigment in the shadow. Most people are highly sensitive and then react to red and purple pigments in shadows.

Also, are you using clean eye shadow brushes to apply your eye shadow?

klazarus

First off... What colour?

9/10 your are eyes are sensitive to a particular pigment in the shadow. Most people are highly sensitive and then react to red and purple pigments in shadows.

Also, are you using clean eye shadow brushes to apply your eye shadow?
This is definitely going to sound stupid but does red pigment mean just reds? I wear a lot of oranges and burnt colours like that, perhaps they have red pigment in them? I clean my brushes a lot and the UD palette I’m currently struggling with is brand new.

klazarus

This is definitely going to sound stupid but does red pigment mean just reds? I wear a lot of oranges and burnt colours like that, perhaps they have red pigment in them? I clean my brushes a lot and the UD palette I’m currently struggling with is brand new.
Ah Right ok it’s Carmine, which is in all but one of the colours on the UD honey palette, all of heat, all of naked 3... I’m now trawling thru Sephora on a vpn going thru ingredients to find a new brand as the uk online shops don’t detail the ingredients as much 😩😩

makeupbyomar

Yes, sorry, I meant the red colour range part of the spectrum, which orange does fall into.

Well, looks like we're narrowing it down... Another longshot, maybe perhaps the texture? Shimmers and sparkly textures do tend to fall more than say matte textures do.

Another longshot... I know you haven't mentioned this, but have you eliminated liquid eyeliners, mascaras, and eye cremes off the list?

Latest posts