Eyeshadow lot on ebay--fake?

jeitzen

It's a 12 color eyeshadow lot. I'm skeptical because the colors aren't listed, the description talks about pigments and NOT eyeshadow. However, they have 100% positive feedback but I don't want to get ripped off. I'm going to ask them what colors are included or to give me another picture and see what they say. Any ideas?

gigglegirl

that is a shady listing. the price seems to good to be true to. I just stick to buying stuff I know is authentic eyeshadows and pigments from MAC and ccos.

eulchen

definately fake. even though the picture is sp pixelled you dont recognize very much you can see that the letters MAC are printed in different sizes on different pots. originals dont have these differences.

weldhian

Very fake. I never trust 100% fb when it comes to determining the authenticity of the auction, especially with only 18 fb. I have seen too many painfully obvious fakes for it to matter. I only use it for deciding whether the seller is a fast shipper/good communicator/packages well.

MAC_Whore

• Anything from "???,??, China" sets off my inner alarm.
  • The lids aren't right.
  • No colours are listed.
  • They are clearly shadows, but the seller lists them as pigments
  • The bid is starting at $20, but shipping is $30.00, so real or not, screw that!
  • Their other listings are more lots of fake shadows and fake brushes

Report 'em!

wolfsong

Fake fake fake!

Rimmed windows = fake 'MAC' eyeshadow.
If they were authentic, they would know and use the shade names. To not, would be like selling a MAC pigment without stating its MAC - it makes no sense (people like to know what they are buying, and a lot of buyers are looking for specific shades or LE items). Most sellers put up the finish as well - and will definitely know it if you ask.

Also beware of lots or singular auctions for 'Prismique' MAC eyeshadow, especially those that say its a lustre and give it a number for a shade - these are very obvious fakes.
The real Prismique was an LE lustre eyeshadow from the 2004 Adorn collection. It is white in colour and has a silvery white shimmer to it. The fake ones will be of an array of colours.

Be very careful about buying from Asia and Australia - these are locations of many or mostly proved counterfeit sellers.