Eyeshadow newbie needs neutrals!!!

shimpaniac

hi everyone...
im really new to this whole eyeshadow thing...i love mac shadows,but honestly i own just two....mulch and sketch...haha...
i have lots more of their lippies,though
winks.gif

I realllyyyyy need help adding two more wearable,preferably non-matte neutral shades to my teeny weeny collection.
Just so you know, satin taupe looked kinda greyish on me, kind of washed me out, i hate woodwinked(dont like golds),it looked orangey on me....i have issue of things looking too orange or too light on me...eww!!
Mulch and sketch look great...so which slightly shimmery ones do i need to complete my first quad???
im NC 35 in studio fix...dark hair and eyes...
Really need you advice,guys!!!
thanks!!!!

LC

texture, ricepaper, charcoal brown (matte, but an awesome versatile color), bronze, era

BeccalovesMAC

Amberlights, Twinks, All that Glitters, Honey lust, Cranberry, Ricepaper, Bronze,Motif, Tempting, club and Sable(kinda looks like mulch). Im NC40( I also hate satin taupe too lol) These are my 'go to' colors if I will do a neutral eye.

Chrystia

This was actually tricky for me! I am such a fan of matte eyeshadows so I'm just itching to list all my favourite neutral mattes that I use religiously on clients. But you asked for some shimmer so here are some that popped into my mind>

Ricepaper as a highlighter colour
Honesty (i pair this with sketch all the time)
Smut (Great for making a one shadow smoky eye)
Sable
All That Glitters (basic colour that works with a lot of things)
Bronze
Texture (Pair this with the sketch also!)

That being said, don't completely ignore the mattes! If you use a shimmery base like Bare Study or Rubenesque under them, they can have a slight shimmered undertone.
Charcoal Brown, Wedge,
Or layers the less shimmery satins over the shimmery base like Cork or Soba.

shimpaniac

heyy...
thanks all...!!!
really heard so much about ATG....haveee to try that now...
ill make a list of all that you guys recommended, and head to the store...
smiles.gif

thanks again!!!

jillianadriana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystia
This was actually tricky for me! I am such a fan of matte eyeshadows so I'm just itching to list all my favourite neutral mattes that I use religiously on clients. But you asked for some shimmer so here are some that popped into my mind

Do you mind listing those mattes? I'm interested in mattes
greengrin.gif

kittykit

I'm a NC30/35, dark hair & eyes
winks.gif
I love these neutral shades:

Vanilla
Brule
Shroom
Nylon
Wedge
Sable

Chrystia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianadriana
Do you mind listing those mattes? I'm interested in mattes
greengrin.gif

ABSOLUTELY
yahoo.gif
! I actually have a full palette of my must have mattes that I carry with me for every make up job that I do! Anyway my favourite neutral shades in matte are:

Charcoal Brown, Saddle, Wedge, Soft Brown, Espresso, Embark, Malt, Copperplate, Bisque, Omega, Tete a Tint

Though they aren't "neutrals" I highly recommend carbon, shadowy lady, and Plumage. I usually use all thee of these colours in most of my looks for people.

But honestly, I highly recommend building up your matte collection. They add so much depth and dimension to your eye looks. Shimmer is fun, but I love a matte eyeshadow.

geeko

My favourite neutrals:

Vanilla
All that glitters
Naked Lunch
Woodwinked

Yep i always find myself reaching out for these eyeshadows for neutral looks