eyeshadow on lashes

misslexa

hi all...

just a quick question...
whenever I apply eyeshadow, I always have a nice dusting of it on the top of my lashes, and most of it goes away when I apply mascara, however...
when I close my eyes you can still see pink/blue/purple/whatever colour I'm wearing...

Any expert solutions??!?!

Thanks!

kensbarbie1017

I actually apply one coat of mascara on each side for this reason. It gives a better effect anyway IMO. You can try using a shadow base too, and try not to put too much shadow on your brush.

erinheather

i know this post was a long time ago, but i found the perfect solution to that problem: get a qtip. saturate it with makeup remover. pre-mascara, wipe it gently along your shadow coated lashes. ta-da! no more eyeshadowy lashes! hth!

nphernetton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensbarbie1017
I actually apply one coat of mascara on each side for this reason. It gives a better effect anyway IMO. You can try using a shadow base too, and try not to put too much shadow on your brush.

I agree, I always coat the top of my lashes first, then the bottom. Gets rid of any excess shawod and make the lashes much fuller

taaaylor

Just don't use too much eyeshadow, and if that doesn't work coat the top of your lashes. It's good to do that, anyway.

user3

You can also swipe some MAC blacktrack Fluidline on the back of the lashes.
I find that sometimes using mascara on the back part gives mine an odd look so will rub some blacktrack on the back (the part that faces my e/s)

Beauty Marked

it used to be a pet peeve of mine
i would see it on my friend and i wanted to teach her how to do her make-up
but now i like it... i do it on purpose (i have long eyelashes so u can't tell until i blink)
so i can have some shimmer to my wink for the boys