Eyeshadow Pans vs Eyeshadow Pots

xkleverxkittyx

I have never bought a pan shadow because I usually depot for Back 2 Mac. The pans are cheaper and easier in the short run, but I've always thought it was more cost effective to just go ahead with buying the pots, depot them, then get 6 for back to mac. I haven't done the calculations on that so I'd figured I'd do them here for everyone to see.

I also have the pro discount which would make the pans $6.60. Pots $8.70. Regular prices pans $11. Pots 14.50.

Pro Discount:
Pan Purchase - $39.60 (6 pans) + $8.40(lipstick/lipglass) = $48.00
-----------------$39.60 (6 pans) + $8.70(eyeshadow) = $48.30
Pot Purchase - $52.20 (6 pots) + (free lipstick, shadow, or lipglass) = $52.20

No Discount:
Pan Purchase - $66.00 (6 pans) + $14.00 (lipstick/lipglass) = $80.00
-----------------$66.00 (6 pans) + $14.50 (eyeshadow) = $80.50
Pot Purchase: $87.00 (6 pots) + (free lipstick, shadow, or lipglass) = $87.00

So, if my calculations are correct; It is better (cheaper and more time efficient) to buy your pans. If you don't have the discount it saves you 7 or so dollars. If you do have the discount it saves you around 4. Either way you are saving money and don't have to depot. Also, you can still participate in back to mac with your empty lipstick and lipgloss tubes and other plastic and glass material. Looks like I'm going to start buying pans.

TISH1124

Re: Better to buy Eyeshadow Pans or Eyeshadow Pots?

I say whenever the price starts out significantly lower for the same product...it will always end cheaper and that equals the better deal, discount or not

I prefer pans.....I get pots for LE items or CCO items. The amount you save from buying pans equals the free B2M item anyway. Not to mention you have so many other items other than e/s that can be B2M

xkleverxkittyx

Re: Better to buy Eyeshadow Pans or Eyeshadow Pots?

Yep! Just realized that after I did these calculations. Hopefully, this can help people who didn't know the savings in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I say whenever the price starts out significantly lower for the same product...it will always end cheaper and that equals the better deal, discount or not

I prefer pans.....I get pots for LE items or CCO items. The amount you save from buying pans equals the free B2M item anyway. Not to mention you have so many other items other than e/s that can be B2M

MrsMay

Unfortuantely if I want to buy pans I have to travel interstate... so I'm stuck depotting e/s anyway lol.

But I do try to buy pans when I am interstate at the pro store
yes.gif

TISH1124

^ yeah I remember someone posting the calculations sometime ago....But a lot of collectors just prefer the pots

xkleverxkittyx

couldn't find it when I searched, with this title people can find it a bit easier

Quote:
^ yeah I remember someone posting the calculations sometime ago....But a lot of collectors just prefer the pans

xkleverxkittyx

oh goodness, and I thought I had it bad with the 30 min drive lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
Unfortuantely if I want to buy pans I have to travel interstate... so I'm stuck depotting e/s anyway lol.

yes.gif

ClaireAvril

to me pots are only for special edition items or discounted shadows as already mentioned.
It breaks my heart when I see people hauling 5+ in-line shadows and they are in pots.. errrgg!

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
^ yeah I remember someone posting the calculations sometime ago....But a lot of collectors just prefer the pans

Really??
I find just the opposite. I talk to a lot of collectors, because I am one myself, we all pretty much prefer pot.

I like pots. I find the pans are a little more fragile and I am a klutz so...
There is less breakage with pots.

Space really isn't an issue with me either. I have tons of space for the pots.

I just like the pots better...

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousmuffins
Really??
I find just the opposite. I talk to a lot of collectors, because I am one myself, we all pretty much prefer pot.

I like pots. I find the pans are a little more fragile and I am a klutz so...
There is less breakage with pots.

Space really isn't an issue with me either. I have tons of space for the pots.

I just like the pots better...

Duhhhh I meant to type Collectors prefer the pots..../actual packaging

xkleverxkittyx

I think I'll get the pots when they come in special packaging, but especially since I use my palettes when I'm using makeup on clients, its easier in pan form in my palettes

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkleverxkittyx
oh goodness, and I thought I had it bad with the 30 min drive lol

Yeah, it sucks, there are no freestanding stores in Australia, only counters in department stores. There are only two pro stores, and these are both in the eastern states
ssad.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay

yes.gif

MrsMay you know you can always send your requests to me....I got you!
winks.gif

gildedangel

I have actually heard rumors that you can actually B2M the eyeshadow pans now. It may only be at Pro Stores or freestanding stores, I don't know for sure yet; I am going to a freestanding store tomorrow and I wil try to confirm with the MA there. I will post about it on this thread probably tomorrow night.
smiles.gif

gildedangel

Well my counter at home has never allowed me to B2M my pans (I order them by phone). Do only pro stores and freestanding stores take them, or do most counters take them? I assumed that because my counter didn't take them that other places didn't either, but maybe that was dumb of me to assume.

GlamQueen21

I'm starting to like the pans since I have two eyeshadows in pan form. I also depotted most of my eyeshadows yesterday and I can't wait to B2M for the first time!