Eyeshadows don't really show up on eyelids like mine..

bambidandi

Hi guys! You all inspired me so much and it makes me wanna try out some "dramatic" ( multi eyeshadow) make up. When i tried it , it didn't work out on my eyes for some reason. Only one colour showed up for some reason. the others just dissapeared, i guess its because i have really deep eye lids??

So, i was wondering, if you all have any tips or make up techniques you could share with me?

Heres some of the pictures of my eyes.
* please excuse my tired un made up face haha...

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

thank you so much!
jacky

MACATTAK

Make sure you use a base of some type. Also, make sure you pack on a lot of shadow before you start blending.

bambidandi

thanks for replying!!

the problem is you can see the details when i close my eyes. but when i open my eyes, only one colour shows up.

Beauty Mark

You may want to look at the tutorials for Asian eyes for ideas, since most of those deal with the idea of not having a crease.

However, your lids look pretty "normal" to me. Again, I'd look at the tutorial section to see what others do.

landonsmother

i HIGHLY recommend a base. some good bases that i use are MAC paint in bare canvas & stilife & MAC shadesticks in beige-ing. they run about $16.50 & last for a long time, especially paint.

just apply the base & smooth it out with your fingers before applying your shadow. it should show up after that.

Taj

I just understand your problem so well coz I'm Asian TOO ! Use shadestick of the same colour family, green on green, blue on blue, etc. To save $$$, use beige-ing in general. Our yellow skin stone somestimes makes the e/s difficult to show, and the shadesticks help to intensify the colour.
Also, you may try MAC eye base, which has similar effect and stop shadow from creasing.

Showgirl

To get colours to show brighter : try Urban Decay Primer Potion or a similar base. Apply with the wand and blend with your little finger, denser nearer the lashes and smeared more thinly up towards the brow. One "wand worth" does each eye.

Look carefully at the pic of yourself with open eyes here, just to try to understand your eye shape, and you'll see with eyes like yours, the two eye parts that are most visible when your eyes are open are the lid part closest to your lashline,and the skin just under your brow. Just try to take this into account when you experiment with makeup: as these are the bits you can see most, clearly these are the bits you should play up with more colour and drama..... So one look would be to use a neutral colour on your lid, but something with a bit more colour and lots shimmer under the browbone area (a pale, sheer gold for example), and a brightly coloured liner on your top lid (bright turquoise? purple? glitter liner?), very dramatic retro "cat eye" black liquid liner will look great too.

At the same time, don't forget, people see your closed lid much more often than most people realise, everyone blinks several times a minute without realising it: therefore if you put a bright, glamorous colour on the bit of your lid that disappears when you look at yourself straight on, it will still be visible to others - more visible to others than to yourself. I think it can be a really cute, fun thing to have brightly coloured lids that people see just in those little "flashes" when you blink! For example, you could do a really intensely dark, rich, shimmery purple eyelid "smokey" which looks quite sweet and innocent face-on (as just the little edge of colour at the lashline will show), but when you blink every now and then people will get just the most amazing flash of that lovely rich colour.

Another look again is to take one colour - your main colour - across your lid and blend out high enough that you can see it just a little bit when your eye is open. Then with a darker shadow, draw a deep "V" on the outer corner extended out beyond the edge of the eye just a little bit, and blend it only gently, keep it quite strong... I use this one quite a lot, I think I pinched it from snowkei (who's stuff you should check out, she's amazing) - it gives the illusion of a nice sexy cat-eye shape to the eye area, and that colour will be visible.

HTH! I have quite small eyes, and use all sorts of tricks to make them look bigger, and I also do eyemakeup for my boyfriend quite often, he suffers from "disappearing eyelid" syndrome big style so I'm just sharing the bits and pieces that I use on us both.

bambidandi

wow thank you so much guys! it is very very helpful. I think im gona run off to get the Mac paint tmr. And ill definately try out SHowgirl's idea
greengrin.gif
thank you so much!!

BinkysBaby

I kinda have a similar problem. I use UDPP and I apply my primary colors just past my crease. If I only place the color on my lids, I have the same problem that you describe. I think that if you try that, it should help.

noahlowryfan

use a base. i have MAC shadestick in Beige-ing and UDPP and I use more of the UDPP than the shadestick. i regret buying the shadestick. hopefully, i still can exchange it for something else.