Eyeshadows for this dress ??

saab

Hello ,
i have to attend an indian wedding soon and am planning on wearing this :
1150-l.jpg

I wanted to know which eyeshadows to buy ? also it will be a night event so i wanted it to be shimmery.
if anyone can help me with a tutorial??

Honey B. Fly

thats a beautiful dress!

id say do super shimmery browns/golds.

goldmine ( browbone)
romp (all-over lid)
bronze (swept thru the crease)

saab

thanks honey B , I have no idea how to wear 3 colors , do you think a golden pink would be better ?

saab

also i plan on wearing a diamond and emerald necklace with it, will the gold color complement it ?

Brittni

I think juxt (soft shimmery green) would look really pretty with a darker green on the outer V. If you don't want to be so vibrant then I really like the first suggestion as well. bronze as in mac mythology e/s would be prettty

GlamYOURUs

That is gorgeous but bargello is soooooo overpriced, my God! Its better to go back home and get the real thing.

Anyway lol I think the shadows from the Barbie collection would suit it. Its subtle and shimmery. i.e. Playful (pink), Springtime Skipper (green), BeautyBurst (brown).

Duped of this would be: Sushi Flower, Juxt, and Brown Script.
I would apply juxt all over the lid, and then apply sushi flower in the crease and a lil over the crease. Then take a highlighting color of your choice to highlight the brow bone. Then taken Brown Script and apply it deep into the crease and blend. I think that would look hot with this outfit. HTH! =)

Another suggestion would be: goldmine, humid and brown script.
Goldmine - inner corner of lid and half way
Humid - other half of lid and outer edge
Brown Script: crease
Any highlighter for brow bone.

Amaranth

I think something purple would be amazing! Green and purple is my favourite combo. If you're looking for something really easy to do, just take a black eyeliner and do both the top and bottom lids, then smudge it a LOT, so it pretty much fades away completely at the edges and there are no more lines. Then apply whatever shade of purple you'd like...I'll leave that up to you
winks.gif
...all over the lid, then apply your highlighter. You may also want to go back and re-line your lids, but I usually don't for this look.

L281173

I would say that browns, bronzes and gold would coordinate wonderfully with that outfit. Purple eyeshadow with bronze would go great with the eyes.

saab

thank you everyone for yr suggestions , i talked to a mac expert and she recommended pink bronze and i really liked the idea of that . she recommended a chocolate color for the crease , what do you girls think of that and what should the highlighter color be ?

also i need help with a lipstick for this outfit with a nice shimmery lip gloss , i dont want it too dark .

GlamYOURUs- Yeah i am not buying the dress from that website ,i might go to delhi to buy it though . do you know of any good stores but i want it in that combo which i know is very popular these days !!

thanks everyone for yr help !! appreciate it !!
smiles.gif

saab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
I think juxt (soft shimmery green) would look really pretty with a darker green on the outer V. If you don't want to be so vibrant then I really like the first suggestion as well. bronze as in mac mythology e/s would be prettty

Thanks i will also try this look with chartreuse , could you suggest a color for the outer V and highlighter ?

Brittni

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab
Thanks i will also try this look with chartreuse , could you suggest a color for the outer V and highlighter ?

Ohhhh, pretty pretty! I think Your Ladyship would be fine for a highlighter. As for the outer V, hmm..MAC-wise? Golden Olive pigment or Humid if you're sticking with all green. Otherwise, you could always blend black into it really nicely...

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab
thank you everyone for yr suggestions , i talked to a mac expert and she recommended pink bronze and i really liked the idea of that . she recommended a chocolate color for the crease , what do you girls think of that and what should the highlighter color be ?

also i need help with a lipstick for this outfit with a nice shimmery lip gloss , i dont want it too dark .

GlamYOURUs- Yeah i am not buying the dress from that website ,i might go to delhi to buy it though . do you know of any good stores but i want it in that combo which i know is very popular these days !!

thanks everyone for yr help !! appreciate it !!
smiles.gif

Unfortunately, all the desi stores in the states sell them overpriced unless you know them well and know how to bargain, you can get away with a great deal. I kinda like kaneesha.com but they are a bit too pricey too. Your best bet is to go to India and get it done but take lots of pictures with you.

saab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Ohhhh, pretty pretty! I think Your Ladyship would be fine for a highlighter. As for the outer V, hmm..MAC-wise? Golden Olive pigment or Humid if you're sticking with all green. Otherwise, you could always blend black into it really nicely...

Love humid might try that !! thanks a tonne !!
winkiss.gif

saab

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Unfortunately, all the desi stores in the states sell them overpriced unless you know them well and know how to bargain, you can get away with a great deal. I kinda like kaneesha.com but they are a bit too pricey too. Your best bet is to go to India and get it done but take lots of pictures with you.

yeah i like kaneesha too and then there is one more website called seasons somethg ... awesome clothes there !!

ok now i need lip suggestions as well , dont want it too dark though . want a nice pink shimmery look.