Eyeshadows vs Pigments

orkira

I am brand new to Mac and was wondering if I am better off buying pigments instead of eye shadows? It seems to me you get more for your money buying the pigments and I take it you can mix these to create your own shades as compared to eye shadows. Thanks to all for any advice on this topic.

ri0tdorque

Now this s just me personally but as a beginner I would stick with eye shadows you have more control than with pigments that way you can get use to how you like to blend and all that before you start mixing medium and whatnot.

panda0410

I dont know.... pigments are quite versatile and they press well like shadows as well for more control. What you DONT get is mattes that blend well, the matte pigments take a little practice, and you also dont get the varying finishes. What I note most often with the pigments is that yes - you get better colour payoff, but you also get more FROST with a lot of them as well. Sometimes its nicer (or just more appropriate) not to have such frosty colours.

I like both, I started out with pigments myself, but I press all of mine as well
smiles.gif

ri0tdorque

See I need to learn how to press them I think I would use them more that way thanks for the advice
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I dont know.... pigments are quite versatile and they press well like shadows as well for more control. What you DONT get is mattes that blend well, the matte pigments take a little practice, and you also dont get the varying finishes. What I note most often with the pigments is that yes - you get better colour payoff, but you also get more FROST with a lot of them as well. Sometimes its nicer (or just more appropriate) not to have such frosty colours.

I like both, I started out with pigments myself, but I press all of mine as well
smiles.gif