eyeshadows

ladynpink

has anyone tried repressing a broken eyeshadow back into the metal pan?..is it still the same...or should i just leave it and use it as a loose powder...? plmk thanks

MaySum

Hi

I've repressed a few broken items recently and I've found that the commonly stated way on specktra etc just isnt the best (i.e. using alcohol) - as it leaves the powder somewhat brittle and vunerable to re-breaking.
I dabble in making my own cosmetics and I used some of that knowledge to come up with a better way:

manafacters actually use a cream or oil to press eyeshadows (for instance B Never uses jojoba oil) - I actually prefer cream as it makes the eyeshadow both stronger and a more buttery finish.

Instead of making the cream from scratch, you can just use a regular face moisteriser - as long as it is very light and thin (I used SIMPLE's light moisteriser) - just crush the broken eyeshadow until it is a fine powder with no lumps, mix in a dollop of cream and form a paste, with a flat knife or a spatula put the cream into the now empty pan then leave to dry out a little bit otherwise the next stage is very messy (an hour or so will do) - cover with tisse/loo roll/kitchen paper folded over several times and then place a coin over the pan (as close a match in size as possible) followed by a weight (a heavy hardback book, or a thin book with a perfume bottle on top) and leave.

It will take up to two days to dry fully, carefully replace the tissuse when the dampness spreads out the the edges (but not for at least 4-5 hours otherwise you will ruin the surface of the eyeshadow).

You make worry about this being a bacteria's dream - but remember that the moisteriser already has preservatives, and once it is dried out, it will be like any other eyeshadow. If you are unhappy with the results - just recrush and start again.

the surface of the eyesdow may not be perfectly smooth - but after a few uses you'll not be able to tell the difference.

I hope this helps - it sounds a lot of work but its really easy I promise.
Anyway, if you decide to try it, msg me if you have any problems
smiles.gif