F&F haul made me sad..

darklocke

I'm just sad.. I finally got my F&F sale haul today (I have to use a redirecting service to get my hands on goodies from MAC, unless I have a CP), and in the box there lay the #209 and the #266. Both brushes had been bent in transport, and I have no clue to how to fix them!
ssad.gif
Of course I'm happy about the rest, but brushes are expensive, and these are completely unusable!

TISH1124

I would contact the company that packed the items...and do CP's from this point forward....People who do not use the type of products like brushes, MSF's, etc... probably don't know how delicate they are and don't pack accordingly...Sad but true....

coachkitten

Like said above I would call MAC and let them know what happened. They are usually really good about fixing things.
smiles.gif

gildedangel

Call MAC customer service, they are normally really nice and if any company would give you new brushes for the damaged ones its them! Do CP's from now on, people who do CP's know that brushes and makeup need to be packed well.

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraMichelle
Can you contact Mac about the items and see if they'll trade them out for you?

If MAC offers to exchange them for me, I'll have to ship them back from Norway, and that'll cost me more than just buying them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I would contact the company that packed the items...and do CP's from this point forward....People who do not use the type of products like brushes, MSF's, etc... probably don't know how delicate they are and don't pack accordingly...Sad but true....

If I had a CP at hand every time I decided to get something from the US, that CP would hardly have anything else to do
winks.gif
Aand then there's the Paypal fees which can drive a sane person insane. :p Unfortunately the brushes were packed the exact same way as MAC would have packed them, and this is the very first time I've experienced that something has been "broken" upon arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Like said above I would call MAC and let them know what happened. They are usually really good about fixing things.
smiles.gif

I have e-mailed them, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've also filed a claim with the carrier after being advised to do so by their customer service.

TISH1124

Yeah the return shipment will be a killer ... I know a few people in the US got bent brushes so they may assist you since it has been a problem...Not sure if the items were bought directly then redirected thru shipment...or if the redirect company purchases them...I know whom ever purchases has to contact MAC CS and I am sure they will assist them

kariii

How are the brushes bent? Is it the bristles themselves or the actual wand part.. if it's the brushes.. you can easily wash them and reshape them!

celestia

You purchased this from the US online store in Norway ? Do they accept European credit cards? D: Or have i just been lacking information?

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariii
How are the brushes bent? Is it the bristles themselves or the actual wand part.. if it's the brushes.. you can easily wash them and reshape them!

It's the bristles, but I don't understand how I could reshape them? The #266 can possibly be reshaped if I put it under something heavy, but the #209 is supposed to be shaped round, and there's no way in hell the bristles will stay? If you have tips, please do share!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestia
You purchased this from the US online store in Norway ? Do they accept European credit cards? D: Or have i just been lacking information?

No, they don't accept European credit card, but I have been using a redirecting service with a "personal shopper" service. It means that the redirecting service will pay my order with their credit card, and then they pull the amount from either my card or my Paypal account.

darklocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
my brushes get bent and frayed in my bag all the time...a wash and a brush guard revives them overnight!
Coastal Scents: The Coastal Scents Brush Guard

for the 266, i'm pretty sure when u wash and reshape it, it will bounce back. at least try it!

OMG! I can't believe I haven't thought of that. Thank you so incredibly much, I ordered a pack of x-tra small and small brush guards straight away!
th_kiss.gif

I've tried to wash the 266, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong (how many ways can there be to wash a brush?), I even had it laying under something heavy through the night, and the bristles are still bent out of shape. I feel stupid. :p

romi79_2008

The same thing happened with my 242 from the sale, received it monday I assumed it will go back to its form after wash, if it doesn`t , well at least I got it in sale

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocke
OMG! I can't believe I haven't thought of that. Thank you so incredibly much, I ordered a pack of x-tra small and small brush guards straight away!
th_kiss.gif

I've tried to wash the 266, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong (how many ways can there be to wash a brush?), I even had it laying under something heavy through the night, and the bristles are still bent out of shape. I feel stupid. :p

you're so welcome! The brush guards are the best investment i've made (next to the brushes of course)

if u know an artist who might have this, it should fix ur 266:
Brush Shaper

TISH1124

She hasn't updated the thread yet.....But MAC is going to replace the brushes for her which is Excellent!! Their CS is so good

L1LMAMAJ

if the bristles are bent, wash them, reshape them with your fingers then wrap some toilet paper around it tightly. unwrap it once it dries then the bristles should be fine. that's what i do when my bristles get bent out of shape from resting on an uneven surface or when they get squished in my bag.

oh brush guards are great too!

Latest posts