Fab Job Guide to Become a Makeup Artist

TIERAsta

Okay, so like a total dork I actually ordered this book. I had it for a while before I actually dove in to it. And you know what? It's pretty good. I think it was like $30 (sounds pricey), but it comes with a PDF copy of the book and a a hard copy with a CD (I haven't popped it into my computer yet, so I'm not sure on the DVD).

It covers everything from MU kits, application, training methods, job interviews, freelancing, starting your own business, agencies, unions... and of course some success stories in the back. It also has links to a TON of different resources.

If you're willing to spend $30 on a book, it's a pretty good read and pretty helpful.

PS - There's stuff in there for all you Canadiens too!

lavnder

I ordered the book as well and found it to be extremly helpful guide
smiles.gif

Its worth the $30 in my opinion.. especially to have a hard copy to reference.

Mandaz_Diamondz

I have it as well and it is a great reference. I love how it tells you how to run "your business" and how to get started and what do. Def. worth it!

duddelle

Yes! This book has a lot! I recently discovered as well and then I found this thread. What types of volunteering or jobs starting out in the makeup industry have you guys done so far?

Ciara

I just ordered it. I got the pdf version right away.
but i have to wait for the book and cdrom. delivery take 2-3 wks.

so far it looks very resourceful.

Celly

Thanks for the feedback I seen it on Amazon a few times but never bought it. I will be sure to order it today.

Cosmogrl

I was looking at the book the other day! I thought I would be stupid for getting it, as in, what can it really teach me? But I'm so glad someone wrote about it! I will def get it now. Thanks!