Face and Body Foundation: MUFE or MAC???

Almond_Eyed

I want a liquid foundation that will look good in pictures, but not too heavy. I've been reading a lot of reviews on MUFE and MAC Face and Body Foundation, both have pretty good ratings on makeupalley and YouTube. I've swatched them both on my hand so I know what the texture and coverage is like... and both of them have comparable prices... $42 CAD for MUFE and $38.50 CAD for MAC.

I tend to have skin that's more on the dry side with a few blemishes that I cover up with concealer (NC30). I'm not sure which one to go with... MAC... or MUFE... Any preferences or suggestions? Thanks =)

beby24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond_Eyed
I want a liquid foundation that will look good in pictures, but not too heavy. I've been reading a lot of reviews on MUFE and MAC Face and Body Foundation, both have pretty good ratings on makeupalley and YouTube. I've swatched them both on my hand so I know what the texture and coverage is like... and both of them have comparable prices... $42 CAD for MUFE and $38.50 CAD for MAC.

I tend to have skin that's more on the dry side with a few blemishes that I cover up with concealer (NC30). I'm not sure which one to go with... MAC... or MUFE... Any preferences or suggestions? Thanks =)

Why dont you ask for a sample of each and then you can try them and decided. You are going to get tons or different opinions on this. So your better off trying it yourself

anshu7

Heres my review from MUA
I got this foundation in swap from a superlovely MUA'er. I am NC25 and can get away with both 20 and 32. 32 is a quite yellow based though. I really wish to find a shade in between the two. Cons: I hate the numbering system of their shades. They are just numbered at random (or some insane logic that I fail to understand) which makes it hard to look for a shade. Also I really hope they change the wide mouthed packaging which caused my foundation to spill. A squeeze bottle like Mac Face & Body foundation would be nice. Pros: This foundation is light coverage (buildable) with a glowy finish. I love the fact that when I put this on it looks very natural unlike some others which scream that u are wearing foundation. It doesnt cake when u layer it on for more coverage. This product is not as expensive as it sounds because it is 38$ for 1.69 fl oz while most bottles only contain 1oz. The lasting power is also very good! Comparison between Mac and MUFE F&B I am NC25 in MAC and was matched N3 in MAC F&B. for starters mufe has really crappy packaging and mac has a better packaging.so this point goes in favour of mac secondly, mac has more quantity so is cheaper, another point in favour of mac. thirdly, the shade numbering system of mufe is crazy! i have no idea wats the logic behind numbering the shades. so it may be easier to find a shade match with mac.thats another point in its favour fourthly,coverage: eventhough both of them are sheer mac f&b is like u have nothing on.i see it as between no to light coveage . mufe has light coverage. but for both coverage is buildable so thats a huge plus for me where mufe is concerned. fifthly,finish: i find mac to be more dewy as compared to mufe. I find mufe to be glowy.so for me thats a point in favour of mufe also,mufe has a weird texture (blobby jelly like) and is fragranced. that may make a huge difference to some.. bottomline: despite crappy packaging and insane shade numbering i stick to mufe for its light coverage and finish. besides, mac has been known to break out some people (not me so far but y take chances?) and oxidise.so mufe is a safer option. i hope that helps!