Face powder to catch fallout?

makeupgrl8

In many tutorials I have noticed people using a loose face powder to catch fallout. What do you all use? It seems like you would want to use something cheap since you just brush it off when you're done. Any recommendations?

GlamQueen21

I don't use loose powder to catch fallouts. I say you can use loose powder like NYC, Covergirl, Maybelline, MAC or any other brand that you like.

TwiggyPop

I use a light color of CoverGirl. I just use a cheap one because like you said, it just gets brushed off and I use a light one because I think it brightens up your face a little. It's good if you have darker circles under your eyes.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Anything cheap like NYC. But honestly I've tried the powder method, and I think it's easier and cleaner and distorts the makeup less to just do eyes first. Just my 2 cents.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupgrl8
In many tutorials I have noticed people using a loose face powder to catch fallout. What do you all use? It seems like you would want to use something cheap since you just brush it off when you're done. Any recommendations?

I use Covergirl, but it's not totally translucent...you can even use baby powder
smiles.gif

cetati

I think I had a bad mineral transluscent powder by L'Oreal a few years back and I just use that when I need to.

Lauren1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Anything cheap like NYC. But honestly I've tried the powder method, and I think it's easier and cleaner and distorts the makeup less to just do eyes first. Just my 2 cents.

i agree. i just do my eyes first, brush off all fallout then put my face on
yes.gif

capmorlovesmac

Usually I do my eyes first too. But when I do my foundation etc first I use a loose powder (Body Shop) that was a mispurchase (don't like it to set my foundation) to catch the fallout.
smiles.gif

kittykit

I do my eyes first too. I think you can go with something cheap. I use my Bobbi Brown sheer powder because it breaks me out badly but I don't want to throw it away!

MzzRach

If you have access to it, NYC cosmetics (available at drugstores) makes a great translucent loose powder, and it's no more than 2-3 dollars.

miss_bailey

Heres another tip: A makeup artist I know uses sorbolene cream or cetaphil. Any cheap moisturiser or cream really just under the eyes and then you just wipe it off when your done. I love doing this when I know i going to have a lot of fall out because I've noticed sometimes with powder you can still notice a little bit of fallout.