Face Primer?

Lavande

Has anyone tried this? I've heard better things about Benefit's Porefessional and I really need a good face primer for oily skin.

Thanks

MAChostage

I rather like it. It's not thick and it smooths on easily. My skin is mostly normal, with just a little occasional t-zone oilyness (but very minimal). I personally think that my foundation looks better when I wear it. I'll have this tube forever, it's huge and I only use it in the t-zone.

iheartangE

If you're talking about the Pore Perfecting one, I tried it and I hated it :( It was too thick, it dried down kind of patchy and then my foundation wouldn't go on smoothly at all. I was really disappointed.

The Porefessional from Benefit is very silky like the Smashbox primer. It definitely reduces the look of pores and gives your skin an overall smooth and flawless finish. I don't know how much oil control you're going to get out of it though, if you have really oily skin. I'd recommend using a mattifyer like Urban Decay's De-Slick in a tube if you want something that's specifically made to keep shine at bay :)

Lavande

Thanks for the recs! I'm curious about how well the Benefit one is just as a primer? Does it work well compared to other primers?

Thanks
If you're talking about the Pore Perfecting one, I tried it and I hated it :( It was too thick, it dried down kind of patchy and then my foundation wouldn't go on smoothly at all. I was really disappointed.

The Porefessional from Benefit is very silky like the Smashbox primer. It definitely reduces the look of pores and gives your skin an overall smooth and flawless finish. I don't know how much oil control you're going to get out of it though, if you have really oily skin. I'd recommend using a mattifyer like Urban Decay's De-Slick in a tube if you want something that's specifically made to keep shine at bay :)

Lavande

Thanks for the info!
I rather like it. It's not thick and it smooths on easily. My skin is mostly normal, with just a little occasional t-zone oilyness (but very minimal). I personally think that my foundation looks better when I wear it. I'll have this tube forever, it's huge and I only use it in the t-zone.

xKiKix

i brought a primer set from urban decay that included both face primers. to be honest, i wouldn't purchase them again because while they did not break me out it did not seem to do anything when i applied it.

iheartangE

Thanks for the recs! I'm curious about how well the Benefit one is just as a primer? Does it work well compared to other primers?
Thanks
I like it as a primer-it definitely minimizes pores and leaves behind this silky finish kind of like the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer but a little...less? It's not quite as silky smooth as that one, but it makes your skin look much better-flawless and pore-less! It's almost the exact same product as Dr. Brandt's Pores No More, if you've ever tried that one-just a lot cheaper ;)

Lavande

Yeah I think I am going to stay away from UD. Have not heard good things. Any other recs?

Thanks a ton!

i brought a primer set from urban decay that included both face primers. to be honest, i wouldn't purchase them again because while they did not break me out it did not seem to do anything when i applied it.

Lavande

Thanks a ton! I'm having such a hard time figuring this out. I am not as much concerned with pores (that would be a bonus) as I am with staying power from a primer and a bit of oil control. I tried MUFE's with high hopes and was dissapointed. I tried Hourglass' which is supposed to be amazing, but again I didn't see the results- like I wasn't wearing a primer.

The Benefit one is $$ but if it works I'll go that route. I'm kinda running out of options I think. I guess it's between that and the Smashbox one which I've heard a ton of mixed reviews on.

Is this your go to primer? Like when it's a million degrees outside will this perform?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks so much.

iheartangE

Ask away! :)

I've been using the Korres Vitamin E Primer for a few months now and I like the way my skin feels with it...but I still haven't found my HG face primer :(

I use it with a mattifyer (UD's DeSlick in a Tube is the best one I've found, although I used to use Milk of Magnesia from the drug store lol-sounds crazy but it worked!). I put the mattifyer on my t-zone since I've got combination skin, then I use the Korres primer all over my face. After my foundation I set it with MUFE Matte Setting Powder and I don't really have to touch up all day-obviously my face doesn't stay totally matte but it never gets that greasy-nasty look it used to get.

Sephora brand came out with an Anti-Shine Primer and I made a sample of it yesterday at work. It's wearing well, actually. I've only had my makeup on for 4 hours though-I'll test it out tomorrow and see how it holds up all day. I didn't use my mattifyer with this one since it's supposed to be like a 2 in 1-I'll definitely let you know!

You know what's funny? I try so many primers and I never seem to notice a difference in how my makeup applies when I'm doing it on myself, but at work when I'm doing a foundation consult I see a huge difference! Whenever clients ask me not to use a primer (people don't understand how they work and don't want to buy them) I cringe-the foundation looks a million times better (smoother, more even, more natural) over a primer. Especially the Korres, although I think I like their newer one more (Quercetin and Oak AntiAging Primer-silkier than the Vitamin E).

xKiKix

my most favorite face primer by far is definitely tarte's clean slate or korres Quercetin & Oak Age-reversing Primer. both has not broken my out and i have sensitive skin, but i also have dry skin so i dont know if you were looking for oil control. but i hope this helps. :)

HeatherAnn

I tend to get oily in the summertime. Last summer I used Bare Essensial Oil control Prime Time & thought it worked great!
I definitely cannot wear it in winter because I'm too dry then.

Lavande

I did not like Tarte at all. I am looking for oil control, so I don't think Korres would be the way to go, but thanks for responding!

Lavande

Thanks for all the info! Very helpful! I don't think there is a HG primer for me lol.
Ask away! :)

I've been using the Korres Vitamin E Primer for a few months now and I like the way my skin feels with it...but I still haven't found my HG face primer :(

I use it with a mattifyer (UD's DeSlick in a Tube is the best one I've found, although I used to use Milk of Magnesia from the drug store lol-sounds crazy but it worked!). I put the mattifyer on my t-zone since I've got combination skin, then I use the Korres primer all over my face. After my foundation I set it with MUFE Matte Setting Powder and I don't really have to touch up all day-obviously my face doesn't stay totally matte but it never gets that greasy-nasty look it used to get.

Sephora brand came out with an Anti-Shine Primer and I made a sample of it yesterday at work. It's wearing well, actually. I've only had my makeup on for 4 hours though-I'll test it out tomorrow and see how it holds up all day. I didn't use my mattifyer with this one since it's supposed to be like a 2 in 1-I'll definitely let you know!

You know what's funny? I try so many primers and I never seem to notice a difference in how my makeup applies when I'm doing it on myself, but at work when I'm doing a foundation consult I see a huge difference! Whenever clients ask me not to use a primer (people don't understand how they work and don't want to buy them) I cringe-the foundation looks a million times better (smoother, more even, more natural) over a primer. Especially the Korres, although I think I like their newer one more (Quercetin and Oak AntiAging Primer-silkier than the Vitamin E).

User38

there could never be one HG primer for all the varieties of skins.. everybody has to try whatever suits them best.

Latest posts