facial/chest Hives -rant/help!

puffyamiyumifan

I am sooo upset now. Since the 1st I have had hives on my ears, then neck, chin now chest and chin- oh- and now on my eyelids.

I went to the doctor twice now- the first time friday I got a shot of Kenalog and told to use benadryl pills and creams. kept getting worse.

So The dr sent me to a dermatologist and he gave me steroids and another shot of kenalog.

Anyone else ever have this happen? my face looks terrible
ssad.gif

mspixieears

Have you eaten anything you don't usually eat? It sounds like a food allergy. Or perhaps used a skin product that you've not used before?

If you have some anti-histamine (for hayfever) that can be really good for getting rid of hives. BUT I'm not a doctor so you should check with your doc first.

Corvs Queen

Are you getting strep? Because that happened to my sister when she had strep. Well, she gets them everytime she gets strep.

succubus

I get hives quite frequently on my neck, but mostly on my arms. I get them from anything that is highly fragranced

puffyamiyumifan

I went through my diet and it all seems the same except for 1 day I had edmame with kosher salt. that was 1 week ago. I did try a new shampoo (aveda) but quickly switched back when this happened. and I have had no change in detergents. I am not using any body porducts now- I am to afraid.
I return to the dermatologist on the 18th.
he did say it could be a VIRAL rash. but he could not know for sure till my bloodwork came back.

Thanks for your responses- I ended up sleeping with socks on my hands last night so I would not scratch myself. It was quite a sight
rofl.gif