Fake Azreal Blue?

elle25

I recently purchased Azreal Blue and I'm wondering if it's a fake. I was going to wait to post this since I can't find my camera right now but I've found something other than the price that is possibly suspicious.

So I've been inspecting the jar for ages and looking through the fake pigments thread. The batch code is A16, which I think is ok. The font is thick and the back is centrally aligned. I'm not sure if '06 pigments are like that.

The thing that I'm really not sure about, is the things on the bottom of the jar are barely visible. I can hardly see the "coltainer" thing and only when the light is on it right.

Does this sound fake? I really hope not because the seller was nice, which is why I want to check before asking them about it.

angi

From the description - No, it doesn't sound fake, but photos would help to confirm that.

I just went to check my azreal blue for you, which came direct from MAC - the batch number is A16- so matches what you have. The font is centrally aligned and while its not thick, there's always variation between jars so you can't take that as a sign of a fake.

In terms of the coltainer etc- the way you describe them is exactly how they look on a genuine jar.

Also, if you have the box the batch number shouldn't be on the barcode at the bottom, but should be dot matrixed onto the cardboard at the back.

HTH

gildedangel

I agree, it sounds fine, there aren't any glaring red flags from what you have described.
smiles.gif

elle25

See, this is why I suck at identifying fake pigments! From the fake pigments thread, I thought that you had to be able to see the numbers and things on the bottom of the jar. I'm hoping to get some pictures up soon so that I can find out for sure. Thanks for your help
smiles.gif