Fake club shadow? Please help!

kimone2004

I got a Club eyeshadow on ebay and received it yesterday. The packaging is shiny and doesn't look the same as my other MAC shadows. What collection did Club come out with and would a batch code of A85 be valid???

courters

Club is in the permanent line, but it could have been a repromote in a LE line too. I belive the "5" means 2005, so I would go check the color stories section of this site and see if any of the 2005 lines had Club as a repromote.

Maybe you could take a picture of it? I bet if you had a picture people would be able to identify it as real or fake right away.

kimone2004

I checked the color stories and can't find Club at all. Ont he back of my shadow it says "Made in/Fabrique Au Canada" and none of my other shadows say that. Also on a regular shadow where it says "London W1K 38Q" on the back, my Club just says London. I cannot take a photo because my hard drive went out on my computer at home and my work computer does not have the software I need to post phots with my camera.

Ambi

If you can't take a pic, can you tell the name of the seller so we can check out their auctions?

panda0410

I have an authentic Club e/s bought from MAC - A85 is the right batch code, and yes it only has London and Fabrique AU Canada
smiles.gif

dizzygal

Hi A85 is 1st run August 2005 and the fabrique au canada is fine as some of the canadian spelling/phrases are french

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimone2004
would a batch code of A85 be valid???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzygal
Hi A85 is 1st run August 2005

A = First Run

Months
1 = January
2 = February
3 = March
4 = April
5 = May
6 = June
7 = July
8 = August
9 = September
A = October
B = November
C = December

Last digit normally represents the year.

Hope that helps!

kimone2004

Ok, I was able to upload pics. Maybe I'm being too picky or have lost my mind but something about this shadow just does NOT seem right. The raised lettering on the back of the shadow is in a different position than the rest of my shadows. There are also 4 circular marks on the inside corners of the inner lid that none of my other shadows have. I tried to capture this in the photo but my camera is crappy. My photos may be too bad for anyone to help me :-(

kimone2004

I was told this was purchased at the "main MAC warehouse, where overstock goes and items left over in stores after the promotion is over ". Can anyone verify there is such a place?

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimone2004
I was told this was purchased at the "main MAC warehouse, where overstock goes and items left over in stores after the promotion is over ". Can anyone verify there is such a place?

That could just be fancy lingo for buying the items before they're shipped to outlets.

dmenchi

how is the texture and colour? maybe you could take it to a store to compare ? !
smiles.gif
good luck
smiles.gif

dizzygal

The warehouse you are talking about is probabley the EL companies employees staff shop that is where shop returns normally end up in the UK, overseas I am not 100% sure

courters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
how is the texture and colour? maybe you could take it to a store to compare ? !
smiles.gif
good luck
smiles.gif

I agree that this is a good idea. Club is a duochrome color, which I think would be hard to duplicate. My Club looks like a bottle green in the pan, but it looks brown when I put it on - then when you catch it in different lights, you can catch some of the green.

So I'd suggest putting some on your hand and then see what color it looks like. Twist your hand around and see if you can catch any of the duochrome effects (it's like those cars that look one color when you look at them one way, then another color when you move and look again).

user79

It's hard to tell because the pics are really blurry but it does look kind of fake. I think Club would be a hard shadow to compare, take it to a MAC store and compare it.

xkatietron

looks legit to me. the clasp has the same "lip" type thing as the authentic. most MAC fakes on ebay are in a case that resembles loreal H.I.P. with the odd clasp and the applicator and mirror in a flap underneath.

Latest posts