Fake Dame Edna

abbyquack

Wait, so isn't this just the puff applicator, not the actual powder? Is it fake? I mean it seems like a silly thing to list but how do you know it is fake?

rockin26

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Wait, so isn't this just the puff applicator, not the actual powder? Is it fake? I mean it seems like a silly thing to list but how do you know it is fake?

I guess I can't say 100% that it's fake
th_dunno.gif
but the 2 things that lead me to doubt it's authenticity is first up the case looks nothing like the Dame Edna case MAC has been advertsing see below

And the other thing is they don't show the actual powder inside which is really flashy and pretty. Why would you show the puff and not the powder?

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin26
And the other thing is they don't show the actual powder inside which is really flashy and pretty. Why would you show the puff and not the powder?

Possibly because they're only selling the powder puff and not the powder?

The description also says; "New MAC Dame Edna powder pad.

Not available to general public from MAC, only to MAC pro artists."

I also think it's a bit too soon to see fake Dame Edna items unless there is some "insider" information getting to the fakers before the launch date.

I can't see this as obviously fake.

vikitty

But it's not for the case or the powder -- it's just for the puff. So I don't think it's fake.

rockin26

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikitty
But it's not for the case or the powder -- it's just for the puff. So I don't think it's fake.

Fair call, I probably read it wrong
blush-anim-cl.gif

abbey_08

lol i think you got confused, its just the puff from the compact. very desperate bid to make money though! lol!

"New MAC Dame Edna powder pad.

Not available to general public from MAC, only to MAC pro artists.
Same size as MACs face powder applicator"

that bit is very misleading though because its suggesting the pad was for sale on its own and is really exclusive when its just a cheap foam puff from the compact