Fake Electric Coral pigment?

Primula

I have a feeling that this pigment is very much a fake, based on the lid and the box especially, but since the person I got this from keeps denying it, I wanted to ask for a second opinion (I don't want to continue to accuse her, if I'm wrong).

The pictures are pretty big, so I'm going to include links:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...diverse076.jpg - Emerald Green PRO pigment on left; Electric Coral pigment on the right. Notice how shiny the lid is? Everywhere I've looked, it says that MAC pigment lids should be more matte, like the Emerald Green lid is. (Both of them are from 2004 according to the batch number, so the pigment isn't old enough to have a different lid.)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...diverse079.jpg - And here is a picture of the Electric Coral box on the left, next to a box from Your Ladyship pigment. I think the font is bolder, and the material is different (feels cheaper).

I really hope someone can help me out here. Like I said, I have a very bad feeling about this pigment, but the girl who sent it is nice and adamant that it's real.

Xqueeze_me

It's fake. :/ The lid gives it away as well as the beat-up box with the scratches.

I have a Deep Purple comparison guide (fake vs. authentic) in my signature if you're interested in having a closer look. Hope you'll get your money back!

MACATTAK

Totally agreed. This is a fake
ssad.gif

darkishstar

A fake.
Plus, to point out, real Electric Coral has gold sparkles in it. I HAVE real Electric Coral, and it has golden pearl in it. In your jar, there clearly isn't gold shimmer there at all.

Primula

Thanks, everyone. I've really valued everyone's imput
smiles.gif

I think the person who sent me this has now acknowledged that it's a fake, but her attitude is very nonchalant and she doesn't really seem to care that she's selling fakes to people. This is why I feel I have to warn people about her. She mainly sells pigment samples on a Danish website called Trendsales (Trendsales - Danmarks største online tøjbazar!), where her user name is ~Fieeh~, but she also has a profile on MUA under the name Fieeeh.

I'm sure some of her pigments might very well be real, and I'm also sure she didn't realize that the pigment she sent me was a fake, but because she told me in an email that all the lids on her PRO pigments are shiny, I think there's quite a big chance she has more fakes
ssad.gif