Fake FAFI Fashion FrenzyBlush?

LostinBubbles

Okay... I think I've been had! While I rarely use eBay anymore these days, I have always had success in the past with getting great deals on MAC. I have wanted the Fashion Frenzy Blush from the Fafi collection for awhile and ran across it on eBay for $14, plus like $1.75 to ship. I am thinking, "awesome"!

So I get it in yesterday eve and open it up. The box looked to be pretty authentic, it even has a Bloomingdale's Return Label sticker on it. Open it and at first glance, just the feel of it in my hand felt a little odd. Flip it over and it’s got an authentic looking label, no weird numbers or generic "pink" name. Pop the top, and the first thing I see is the blush slightly lifting from the casing. It flips up to reveal... low and behold, a mirror and a cheapo brush! Dangit!

I am by far no MAC expert, learning more every day though, but the only other two powder blushes I own from MAC are in pan form, and I don’t have anything else from this particular collection to compare the graphics to. So, if this is indeed fake, I will attack this particular seller and will get my money back! Luckily, I will only use PayPal for eBay transactions, so they have always been good about "eBay issues" so I am not to worried. Come hell or high water, I am getting my wooping $15 back!
smiles.gif

So ladies and gents... I need your help! I need someone who really has this blush (authentic obviously) or the MAC knowledge to help me determine the authenticity of this. Thank you all for your help. Now on to the pictures. Please note, the first three (purple background) are from the actual auction (the sellers images), the last one with it open is mine, taken from my cell phone (crappy, I know).

211444175_o.jpg

211444168_o.jpg

211444161_o.jpg

2.jpg

specktra_rocks.gif

Thanks all!

MissResha

wtf, as far as i know...and i'm not a MAC blush expert...but i dont think it comes with that lil brush and "basement" underneath it.

LostinBubbles

That's what I'm thinking too. I know most of the counterfeit eye shadows have the little lift up compartments with mirror and brush...but this is the first blush I've seen like that...

MissResha

yea that blush is indeed fake, i can tell by how its raised at the top. MAC's products are usually indented/beveled and that one isnt. and the basement is a dead giveaway. damn that sucks! i have 2 fake MAC products from ebay i need to mail back, so i know your pain lol.

miz_vee

It's a good fake, graphic and logo-wise! But definitely not authentic. MAC never has the flip thing and the brush. I'd be following up. Some legit sellers are picking up these items and re-selling them, thinking they are real. I had a seller pull her item after I told her MAC doesn't make those palettes.

PS - Out of curiousity.... what's the texture/quality like?

LostinBubbles

It has a nice smooth texture and goes on nice and even while swatching, but it is very sheer in comparison to some of the Fashion Frenzy swatches I have run across. It does rub off pretty easy, so quality is meh in comparison...

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinBubbles
It has a nice smooth texture and goes on nice and even while swatching, but it is very sheer in comparison to some of the Fashion Frenzy swatches I have run across. It does rub off pretty easy, so quality is meh in comparison...

....and you have no idea what ingredients it has in it nor how safe they are. You really ought to stop using it.

Sorry to hear you were conned
ssad.gif

LostinBubbles

^^Thanks.

I completely agree. I only tested it on my hand. I got a hold of the seller and let them know they sold me a fake. They were pretty nice for the most part and acted as if they had no idea (said they bought them wholesale and no wonder it was such a good deal) <--Ha whatever.

But they refunded me my money within a day of notifying, minus shipping which was only $1.50. Told me to just keep it, but I tossed it because I have no idea what that crap contains!

All in all, I got lucky I didn't get totally screwed.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinBubbles
^^Thanks.

I completely agree. I only tested it on my hand. I got a hold of the seller and let them know they sold me a fake. They were pretty nice for the most part and acted as if they had no idea (said they bought them wholesale and no wonder it was such a good deal) <--Ha whatever.

But they refunded me my money within a day of notifying, minus shipping which was only $1.50. Told me to just keep it, but I tossed it because I have no idea what that crap contains!

All in all, I got lucky I didn't get totally screwed.

great result
smiles.gif

given the behaviour of the seller - i'd be more inclined to believe that they were duped too.. but the only way to tell for sure is to see if they list any more of these items.

abbey_08

that is a good fake until u see the flippy brush bit! the colour is off in the pics but dunno if thats ur flash. glad u got a refund!!!!

LostinBubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
great result
smiles.gif

given the behaviour of the seller - i'd be more inclined to believe that they were duped too.. but the only way to tell for sure is to see if they list any more of these items.

Indeed!! The seller was super nice, so it inclines me to believe that they may not have known. They were ultra fast in getting me my refund and most fakers out there fight it, tooth and nail. I keep checking back up on them to see if they relist anything though, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey_08
that is a good fake until u see the flippy brush bit! the colour is off in the pics but dunno if thats ur flash. glad u got a refund!!!!

It was indeed a really good fake! The packaging was a perfect replica, all the way down to the Bloomingdale return label that was slapped on the box - all aside from the basement compartment and crap ass product inside...lol. The color was way off from the real thing...it had barely any pigment to it either.