fake goldbit

breatheonbeat

th_wallbash.gif

ugh i'm so upset. i'm pretty sure that i ended up with a fake goldbit eyeshadow. i searched for a long time and finally found someone selling her collection off (not on specktra.) it was my introduction to mac and literally my favorite shadow ever.

so at first, the color seemed a bit light to me, but i chalked that up to not really remembering what it looked like. i thought it was more golden and slightly darker, but not by much.

everything else seemed right- color payoff is nice, almost too nice. its not as lustre-y as i remember. like it seems more pigmented and not as glittery. i also thought the font on the back was off.. it also has a 'makeup' smell. i don't know if this makes sense, but it has the faint smell of makeup that would come in a huge palette for young teens. again, i chalked this up to the age of the shadow.

i just found out that you could check by popping the pan out as if you were going to depot, and the circles were recessed, like the fake one here http://www.specktra.net/t/95627/eyeshadow-packaging-comparison-authentic-vs-counterfeit-pic-heavy-april-2008#post1092005

i know there's nothing i can really do, but i wanted to post because i am upset and frustrated. it is a shadow i've been looking for for a long time. i didn't want to think it was fake, but... :(

back to the drawing board.

here are some pictures:

clasp in front

i dont remember it being this pigmented. i remember it feeling more like a lustre!

font seems off to me

if anyone has a goldbit they'd like to part with in the near future, i would love to buy it in a few weeks -_-