Fake Grape pigment?

Pinky & Poodle

I bought a Grape pigment off ebay and is wondering if it's fake
th_dunno.gif

I only have one other pigment, Fuchsia, but it is very old and I don't think I should compare a pro pigment to a very old non-pro.

The sticker underneath is a bit like scotch tape, that's why I'm wondering
ssad.gif

MAC Eyes Grape Purple - Brand New 100% Genuine Item - eBay (item 300387916171 end time Jan-24-10 10:18:14 PST)

*Will never buy Mac on ebay again!*

LMD84

grape gets faked alot. however the sticker isn't the normal silver one on the bottom it is clear (alot of pro colours are labelled like this) however we would need to see more pictures to say if it is fake for suire. but it's not looking good - the lid and jar look off to me.

angi

No, I agree, it does look a bit off. Could you get a clear picture of the bottom of the jar, and we should be able to tell.

dietcokeg

Id stay away espically becuase of the price. A while back when i wasnt into MAC i decided to buy Primary yellow, Basic Red and Reflects Glitter Silver for about the same price on Ebay.
I was always aware of fakes but i thought they looked real 2 me and i bought them (surprisingly pigmented!) untill i really got into MAC and it was so obvious it was fake! So yeah its prob fake!

ThePowderPuff

Oh no. I hope it's genuine
ssad.gif

My grape is in the new size jars, so I can't really tell the difference. But try taking some more pictures of it and the labels.

panda0410

I'd hedge a bet its a counterfeit. Looks like the lots we saw back in 2008, shiny lid, fits neatly with the jar, it raises a few flags for me.

Latest posts