Fake Heatherette?

caribprincess

hey ladies,

I recently bought some mac products from this lady here on our island in the caribbean. she has her own store that has clothing from ed hardy, abercrombie juicy etc and she has a section for mac products. i got some stuff from her such as e/s etc. the only thing i have on me now is the heatherette l/g Im thinking its fake but i need some help. also her e/s doesnt have the name of the color on it. On the bottom of it has a stickered number just like the pics i will show you below:

when you look closely the heatherette looks funny
DSCN5336.jpg

i dont think l/g has this does it??
DSCN5340.jpg

DSCN5342.jpg

whats ur opinion??
Thanks in advance

MissResha

the tube is bigger than the handle.

u should take it back and club her over the head with it.

jenntoz

I have sample l/g & production l/g from Heatherette & neither have that weird number thing on the bottom. I think its fake, sorry
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha

OMFG, this made me laugh so hard!

caribprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
I have sample l/g & production l/g from Heatherette & neither have that weird number thing on the bottom. I think its fake, sorry
ssad.gif

OMFG, this made me laugh so hard!

dont feel sorry cuz i need to know since i will not be getting anything from her again... i will post pics of the e/s that i got as well when i get home

abbey_08

Quote:

LMAO! or make a giant fake l/g tube and club her over the head with it!!!!!!!!!!

redambition

Quote:

advocating such actions is hardly helpful in resolving the situation.

to the OP: The tube you have received is counterfeit. I would try to return it if you can, or possibly notify the seller.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
advocating such actions is hardly helpful in resolving the situation.

to the OP: The tube you have received is counterfeit. I would try to return it if you can, or possibly notify the seller.

The original comment was clearly meant tongue in cheek and I think most of us got at least a little laugh
winks.gif

The l/g like everyone else has mentioned is clearly fake though. I posted a thread to other counterfeit Heatherette just before christmas and there are plenty of Heatherette wannabe items floating about on ebay inlcuding all the lippies. Almost all of them are marked with a number for colour that I have seen though so spotting them should be easy enough if you get to see the base
yes.gif

MissResha

LMAO uh yea its called a joke, im sure the OP knows that. besides, how in the world can you possibly beat someone over the head....with...a tube...of lipglass.

c'mon now..

comedy.

redambition

to be perfectly honest, when nearly every thread in this section has similar "comedy" or dramatic posts it does get rather tiring and makes the forum come off as a seller-bashing environment rather than somewhere that can be used to discuss whether an item is counterfeit or not.

and now i'm going to toddle off because i'm in a bad mood and i think i've said enough.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
to be perfectly honest, when nearly every thread in this section has similar "comedy" or dramatic posts it does get rather tiring and makes the forum come off as a seller-bashing environment rather than somewhere that can be used to discuss whether an item is counterfeit or not.

and now i'm going to toddle off because i'm in a bad mood and i think i've said enough.

Actually I havent seen another post like this here at all, and frankly I LMAO when I read it
th_LMAO.gif

As for seller bashing, well on that I agree.... but I have seen sellers here pissed off because their names were even mentioned - and the seller in reference certainly WASNT bashed... I dont think there is any harm in a little humour from time to time, it does a lot to lighten the mood and break the monotone of this forum sometimes
smiles.gif

caffn8me

There's a lot of fake Heatherette around at the moment
ssad.gif
I think it's only safe to buy from known good sellers.

GlamQueen21

Why would someone sell a fake Heatherette l/g with a number at the bottom? That's really sad that some ebay sellers are selling fake Heatherette products. I would check every detail to make sure it's authentic.

caffn8me

Do bear in mind that the sellers often know very little about M·A·C. All they're interested in is purchasing product at a very cheap price and selling it on to gullible consumers. The vendors may know it's fake but they may not know what identifies it as fake.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Do bear in mind that the sellers often know very little about M·A·C. All they're interested in is purchasing product at a very cheap price and selling it on to gullible consumers. The vendors may know it's fake but they may not know what identifies it as fake.

I agree with Sarah,but some sellers are aware that their items are fake and they do not care what carp they will sell you as long as they can make some money out of you
thmbdn.gif

If i were to buy any MAC of ebay ,
ebay.gif
it would be from sellers that were recommnded to me on here like Julie,Fabnoodle.

Thankfully there are sellers on ebay,who do sell only authentic MAC.
dothewave.gif

I have seen some atrocious fakes of MAC Heatherette ,on ebay UK,no doubt all purchased on iOffer: A place to buy, sell & trade or similar sites
angry.gif

red.pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribprincess

when you look closely the heatherette looks funny
DSCN5336.jpg

so at the first look the heatherette sign looked okay to me, but i ran to get my l/g and noticed: the black shadow of the white lettering is placed below, not above as with your tube.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.pill
so at the first look the heatherette sign looked okay to me, but i ran to get my l/g and noticed: the black shadow of the white lettering is placed below, not above as with your tube.

nice spotting with that!
smiles.gif

caffn8me

I'm so out of touch at the moment I haven't even seen a real Heatherette yet
ssad.gif

Thanks red.pill
smiles.gif
I'll have a look now.

panda0410

red.pill

panda040, i agree. those faked heatherette lippies are all over ebay! for now, they dont have real mac names and the colours are off... but i guess it's only a matter of time when they will fix even that...