Fake Hello Kitty already

purrtykitty

Also keep in mind that when buying on eBay, even if the seller has authentic pictures, that doesn't mean that's what will arrive in your mailbox. A lot of those sellers will use stock pictures of authentic items, then ship out the fakes, knowing that most buyers won't even know the difference.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
Only my opinion. Those same pictures were flooding Ebay before and the cost was $56. I would highly recommend asking that seller for close up pics of the front of the box, bottom of the box, front of the bottle and the sticker on the bottom. I considered it when those first were on Ebay and the seller refused my request, which usually isn't a good sign. I'm willing to place odds you won't like what you get with these things and test your seller and compare it to the pic she has posted on IOffer to ensure she's not duping you. I wouldn't bite but I almost did before. Luckily nobody was willing to send me the requested photos and I saved the money.
yes.gif

Not to worry, I'd never purchase anything remotely similar to this offer!

captodometer

Gigiopolis,

I don't have anything against Chinese goods; I'm guessing half the stuff that I own(probably more)was made in China. But I'm also a public health official and I don't give free passes when governments/industries fail to meet their regulatory obligations. For obvious reasons, every government wants to ensure the safety of its consumer products, so I'm sure that China is trying. But their recent track record when it comes to processed foods and health/beauty items is lousy; they do have real credibility issues with these industries.

Would I refuse to buy the stuff I want from the Style Warriors collection if I arrived at my Macy's counter and found out the items were made in China? Definitely not: the Chinese factory and govt want the Estee Lauder contract, Lauder wants my continued business and to not get sued for injuring me. Am I going to the dollar store to buy that eyeshadow from a company that no one has ever heard of that was made in China? No: the same agency that regulates toothpaste regulates the production of cosmetics too, and since the intentionally antifreeze-laden toothpaste ended up at the dollar stores I'll pass on the eyeshadow. There's a lot more fun ways to tempt fate than buying dollar store makeup
graucho.gif
But maybe I'll reconsider when China finishes it's transition to capitalism, as the regulatory control is likely to improve. Would I recommend that anyone else buy that same eyeshadow? If they want to: the 'made in China' label suggests that the Chinese govt is at least trying to look out for the end consumer. How much anyone chooses to trust the label is a matter of individual preference.

I would, however, be completely unsympathetic to anyone who knowingly bought and used a made in China fake and got injured: the safety of the counterfeit item would reasonably be assumed to be the same, and probably worse than, the authentic item. To buy a fake from a country that has had multiple production issues that were fatal and well-publicized is just dumb. I'm sorry if this is offensive, but people need to use some common sense and be responsible for the possible consequences of their actions.

Caveat emptor
yes.gif

splattergirl

those are cute, wish they weren't branded as mac. if they made some new brand of theirs and thought of an equally cute design, I am sure people would buy them as well, the prices would have to be lower but you have to start somewhere. I am sure there are so many HK/Sanrio/whatever fans out there they'd easily sell loads without having to drag MAC name in it. but alas, seems MAC just can't be avoided
mac_atemywallet.gif

trendzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
Oh wow..they are getting really good at making fakes!

It is sad but we are stunned that these fakers are making them to fool even the savviest MAC buyer. Even though I like coming here reading articles, I personally think we are shooting ourselves in the foot because don't you think the counterfeiters are also reading? All we are doing by posting is giving them the best opportunity to make their fake crap like the real thing and then we are suprised when we see that they have done it!!
ssad.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not really into knock-offs. Makeup is expensive, but reasonable enough to still purchase the real thing. Makeup is an affordable luxury as opposed to a designer handbag. Ya know?

SakurasamaLover

Everything on the website looks obviously fake but the lipsticks!?!? OMG how can they look so real?? I thought the imprint and quite unique colors would have save them.
Maybe these are picks of original ones and you get something else ?
I'm curious about this.