Fake Isabella Blow lipstick?

XoXo

Okay, I came across this auction..it looks genuine..but the only thing that threw me off was the batch number. The batch # A76 would mean it was made in July 2006..didnt this lipstick come out in 2005? Like I said, everything looks real, but i just needed opinions on it. Im not sure if it's being re released? I just want to know before I bid on it. Thanks for the help!

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAC-Limited-Edit...QQcmdZViewItem

caffn8me

The lipstick was released in September 2005. I can't get any of the photos on the listing to enlarge at all so I can't really see enough detail. It's possible it was a screw up at the factory with the batch code. Even though the pictures are small everything looks genuine. I haven't yet seen a fake M·A·C lipstick that looks anything like the current range in terms of the tube (with the bullet top) so that's a good sign.

flowerhead

Why would it be fake? I have this lipstick (which I adore) and it looks the same as the photos...bright, matt red-toned fuschia.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
Why would it be fake? ....

A lot of unscrupulous individuals conterfit MAC on ebay to make money of off unsuspecting buyers. This is especially profitable to them when they have a rarer item, like an Isabella lipstick. XoXo is an educated consumer and is intelligent to question the authenticity.

XoXo-

I grabbed my tube and back-up tube and they both have the same label. It is a smudgy 5 that looks like a 6. So they say A75, but it almost looks like A76. I purchased both of mine with my own two hands at the NYC Pro store. Hope that helps.

flowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
A lot of unscrupulous individuals conterfit MAC on ebay to make money of off unsuspecting buyers. This is especially profitable to them when they have a rarer item, like an Isabella lipstick. XoXo is an educated consumer and is intelligent to question the authenticity.

XoXo-

I grabbed my tube and back-up tube and they both have the same label. It is a smudgy 5 that looks like a 6. So they say A75, but it almost looks like A76. I purchased both of mine with my own two hands at the NYC Pro store. Hope that helps.

I was in no way questioning her intelligence as a consumer! I just wondered what made her think it was fake, but like you stated I now know it's a possibility with rarer items.

bebs

the bottom of mine looks the same and the 5 almost looks like a 6 you can tell by the top number though.

so just from that I would say its real but thats just me

Devil Bunny

The top of the "6" is a straight line so I'd agree with the assessment that it's a smudgy 5. I think it's definitely authentic.