Fake LE quads?

AllThingsGirly

panda0410

Unfortunately yes there are .... and I am reasonably sure that Tempting is one of them.

I saw several on AU ebay and flagged them as fakes. The box was inconsistent with authentic packaging, the text and font have abnormal spacing and size. One of the colours was *off* as well and it made me shy away from those listings in particular. I was waiting to see if it cropped up here and it has. I would really like a closer look at the quad, and particularly the front and the back of the box.

I have PM you
smiles.gif

red.pill

now, photorealism is the only quad i have so i compared your pics to my quad bought at the counter:
front pic: that black thingy right in the middle where the lid opens (searching for words to describe) is wider on my quad
back pic: my quad doesn't have that 4 dots on each corner

maybe someone with authentic tempting quad can compare...

TISH1124

I have all authentic quads including the Tempting and the 4 dots are not there on any of them and the closure in the firts picture is off...I don't think this quad is an Authentic Tempting Quad, sorry to say....did the seller say it was a Homemade tempting quad ...But the quad itself is not MAC so Not sure

panda0410

Nope, this is being sold as an authentic Tempting Quad from Coc - heres a link -

MAC QUAD (4) EYESHADOW PALETTE "TEMPTING EYE" RRP $72 - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 03-Oct-09 20:12:42 AEST)

I have the authentic Tempting as well and I compared mine and its box to this and they arent the same. The text on the bottom of the box is spaced too far apart and the font is inconsistent with authentic packaging.
My quad istself also doesnt have the 4 nodules on the base and Tish you are right - the clasp is incorrect!!

This seller was also selling fake Sweetie Cakes quads which just like the Tempting Quad was listed with the correct colours (although one of them was *off* as well, you'll know it when you see it). Heres the link to the quad, anyone who has had this quad will know which colour I'm talking about ~

MAC QUAD (4) EYESHADOW PALETTE "SWEETIE CAKES" RRP $72 - eBay, Eye Shadow, Makeup, Beauty, Health. (end time 05-Oct-09 20:13:05 AEDST)

It alarms me because the counterfeiters are taking care to ~

1) Actually attempt to make REAL looking colours in the correct schematics for the quads
2) List them according to the corresponding quads

These are the best fake quads I have seen on ebay to date, and this one is a fake!

This is bad news for anyone looking to buy past LE quads off ebay
ssad.gif

TISH1124

Here are some pictures I took out of the Clerance Bin of a Tempting Quad for comparison....it looks identical to mine (I'm to lazy to take pics tonight
ssad.gif
)

tempting.jpg

tempting3.jpg

Original ones in Question

ttt.jpg

tttt-1.jpg

I have to agree with Panda...these are some GOOODDDD fakes !! So Scarey!!!

elle25

The colours look pretty close. I know you can't judge colours on a computer but sometimes its obvious and these really aren't. It also looks like they get the texture close. It really sucks that they're doing that.

I prefer not to buy mac off ebay by if I do now, I only get stuff from the recently released collections. The fakes are getting just too darn good now.

AllThingsGirly

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

I opened up a PayPal claim prior to sending the quad back and they refunded my money in full.

I also took some extra pictures before sending the quad off and will post these next week as I'm in the process of moving houses.

It's so scary how good these fakes are getting
ssad.gif
Lesson learnt.

Thanks so much to everyone!!

LMD84

thanks for taking time to post detailed pics for us hun
smiles.gif
fingers crossed you get sorted out quickly and hasstle free.

i have a tempting quad that Tish got me from a cco and yes it is different to the fake one... but the fakes are getting better
ssad.gif

chickatthegym

I have the Tempting Quad too *purchased from MAC* and I agree with Tish and LMD84... the clasp in the one you have is much wider than mine too. Hope you get your money back. Thanks for letting us know about this. I didn't know quads were faked and that sucks
ssad.gif