Fake Lustre Drops

MACwinked

Hey ladies,

Recently I bought the Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel from the Style Warriors Collection, and I am near convinced they are fake.

The box looks incredibly like the others, except for the batch code. My batch code from all of my eyeshadows are either A19 or B19. The batch code from my lipstick is A29, and from my bronzer I39. All of these I bought at my local Dillard's MAC counter, so they are obviously real. Now, my batch code on my lustre drops is BC8. So, I looked through the reading batch code thread on the MAC Chat forum, and all of the batch codes are written with a letter and two numbers, like A19 or I39 NOT two letters and a number like BC8.

Also, the wording on the box that says "Lustre Drops/Touche Bronzante" is not imprinted into the box like my bronzer box and lipstick box where you can actually "feel" the words.

Also, underneath the name of the product, where it gives the specifications of the size/weight the possible fake says "18ML/0.60 US FL OZ" and on the bronzer and lipstick say "NET WT./POIDS NET 10g/0.35 US OZ".

Now, the bottle looks absolutely authentic. I looked at Temptalia and other product photos and it looks pretty spot on. Here's the auction:

MAC * LUSTRE DROPS * PINK REBEL* Bronzer * HIGHLIGHTER - eBay (item 330356973574 end time Sep-06-09 15:06:48 PDT)

This guy has 100% positive feedback and says all of his items are 100% guaranteed. What do you guys think?
th_dunno.gif

gildedangel

I don't have a box to compare; but batch codes CAN have two letters and then a number, it is just rare. The size and weight specs have to be different because your bronzer and lipstick are solid, whereas lustre drops are liquid, my liquid foundation is marked like that too. Did you get your bronzer and lipstick recently? They changed the packaging right after the Style warriors collection; I think with color craft. All of the older boxes are not imprinted like the new ones, you can't "feel" it. I think that you have a real one!
smiles.gif

sunkiss21

I just looked at my luster drops that I bought from nordstrom's and they look exactly like you described, they also have the BC8 on the bottom. I still have the box as well and it is the same as yours. The only difference is that I can feel the lettering, although it is not really obvious. It sounds pretty authentic to me.

elle25

Batch codes can have 2 numbers. The second one can be a letter if it was made in October, November or December. So if yours is authentic it was made in the second batch(?), in December last year.

I have a lustre drops, I'll go find it and see if it matches up with what yours is.

Edit: Your lustre drops are authentic. Mine have the batch code BC8. It's also ml instead of g because they're liquid.

Makeup Emporium

Just for future info here is how the batch codes work...

First digit is the batch number; A=1st batch, B=2nd batch etc.

Second digit is for the month; January to Septmeber are months 1 to 9, October = A, November = B and December = C.

Third digit is the year it was produced; 9 = 2009, 8 = 2008 etc.

So the BC8 means that it was the second batch that was produced in December 2008.

Hope this helps!!