Fake MAC 182 Brushes on eBay?

Kelaia

I had been reading reviews on the MAC 182 brush and thought to myself, "I just HAVE to get that!!" lol...I want it to apply mineral powder/foundation or powder. My first stop was MAC's website and I saw it was $45 but heard that it is an excellent brush and well worth the money. Ever one for a bargain, I took a look at eBay to see if there was any for sale....I found these: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...s=ZIP%2FPostal

Now, if you take a look at the REAL Genuine 182 brush on the MAC website:
M661_261.jpg
, you can see that the 182 number is on the brush side, whereas on the eBay ones it is at the end of the brush handle:
74b9_1.JPG
. They also don't look as full and round and black in colour as the official MAC sites one.

Well, that sent out bad signals to me, so I just went and bought it from MAC's website (along with the Brush Cleaner and Select Cover-Up Concealer. What? I got Free shipping if my order was over $60!! lol :lolz:
oh.gif
)

Anyway, just wanted to post this and see what you guys think. I read on MUA reviews regarding the 182 brush, and one person said they bought theirs from eBay and found it awful because it won't stop shedding (another reason I'm guessing they are fake). Hope this post helps!

helenoftroy1

It seem to be a fake to me because where the brush #182 and mac logo isn't places in the same location on the brush.

I did buy #187 fiber brush and got a good deal. I am always nervous buying thing on ebay especially for Mac items.........
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelaia
I had been reading reviews on the MAC 182 brush and thought to myself, "I just HAVE to get that!!" lol...I want it to apply mineral powder/foundation or powder. My first stop was MAC's website and I saw it was $45 but heard that it is an excellent brush and well worth the money. Ever one for a bargain, I took a look at eBay to see if there was any for sale....I found these: http://search.ebay.com/search/search...s=ZIP%2FPostal

Now, if you take a look at the REAL Genuine 182 brush on the MAC website:
M661_261.jpg
, you can see that the 182 number is on the brush side, whereas on the eBay ones it is at the end of the brush handle:
74b9_1.JPG
. They also don't look as full and round and black in colour as the official MAC sites one.

Well, that sent out bad signals to me, so I just went and bought it from MAC's website (along with the Brush Cleaner and Select Cover-Up Concealer. What? I got Free shipping if my order was over $60!! lol :lolz:
oh.gif
)

Anyway, just wanted to post this and see what you guys think. I read on MUA reviews regarding the 182 brush, and one person said they bought theirs from eBay and found it awful because it won't stop shedding (another reason I'm guessing they are fake). Hope this post helps!

Kelaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenoftroy1
It seem to be a fake to me because where the brush #182 and mac logo isn't places in the same location on the brush.

I did buy #187 fiber brush and got a good deal. I am always nervous buying thing on ebay especially for Mac items.........
smiles.gif

Yup! Exactly what I thought...seems dodgy to me
ssad.gif

panda0410

I never buy brushes from ebay because I am too scared to buy a fake brush which are pricey, but thanks for this - that would easily have fooled lots of people!!

Off topic and just as a matter of interest...lol..the 187 Stippling brush is great for MSFs as well
smiles.gif

Kelaia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruca_or_hina
be glad you bought your 182 from the MAC site! It's an AMAZING brush! (=

Yeah, I can't wait!! Should be here next week
smiles.gif

I just wanted to add that it sucks that so many of these sellers have positive feedback for their products (I'm guessing because the buyers just don't realise that they are not getting the "real deal" in some cases
ssad.gif
)

~Crystal~

=\

I got my 182 from a mac counter here.. and the number is not on the brush end of the brush...?

redjellybeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crystal~
=\

I got my 182 from a mac counter here.. and the number is not on the brush end of the brush...?

Mine too:confused: Although I didn't get it from a counter. I did get it from a reliable source

Kelaia

Hmmm, odd. :confused:
hmm.gif
Just seems strange that all the ones on eBay have the number at the end of the handle.

Do your brushes feel OK, Red and Crystal?

~Crystal~

Yup! My brush feels fine
smiles.gif
Super soft, no shedding. I got it from a MAC counter here in a department store!

I just asked a friend who has the one which came out with the Catherine collection, and she says the number for hers is in the same place as mine- on the far end of the handle rather than on the brush end! Um.. do you guys actually have a 182 to compare it to before claiming that the ones on ebay are fakes on the basis of the handle alone? =\

Kelaia

Nope, I didn't know for sure if they were fake or not, that's why I asked it as a question really because I am not an expert at these things, lol. It's just something I noticed, and with all the fake MAC going around I didn't want to take my chances so I bought directly from the website (although I have bought a lot of MAC from eBay in the past with no problems).

Grrr @ MAC for confusing me! :whattha:

xsparkage

i bought my 182 at the fs store and "MAC 182" is going the same way as the one from ebay.. weird

maybe the one off the website is mirrored or something? because all of the brushes on the site are facing the same way, so they might have just reversed it for the sake of everything being the same.

Kelaia

Yeah, good point, xsparkage! Well, my order comes tomorrow so I can find out for myself and I will let you guys know!
greengrin.gif
clap.gif
cheerleader.gif

Kelaia

Well, I just received my MAC order :woohoo: and the brush number is at the end of the handle, not close to the brush as is shown on the MAC website! Way to confuse me and make me look like a dork, MAC! lol :crap:

And, OMG this is the SOFTEST brush I have ever felt!! I am going to love using this, I just know it
greengrin.gif

So, in my attempt to help people getting scammed on eBay, I have just made myself look like a complete twit instead
lol.gif
. Sorry for the fuss!

alexlie

It might be real.....NORDSTROM sells that brush and it looks the same. The picture is from the NORDSTROM website.
_5233519.jpg