Fake MAC Barbie?

Tashona Helena

Hey girlies I'm not sure if this goes here, but I've been looking for the Barbie shade beauty burst, and I came across this listing:

MAC Satin Eye Shadow Barbie Loves MAC in BeautyBurst

The embossing looks different from other ones I found, more round (you can find comparison here), and Doesn't have the "deep" outlining. I'm assuming this is fake right? It's the cheapest one on eBay I feel something fishy about it. Anyone ever bought from this seller before?

chameleonmary

I believe it is a fake... my Beautyburst has white 'MAC' on the top, and the outline of the Barbie logo which is embossed into the powder is an outline, not the entire logo as in the picture. I hope this helps for you to find one in the future!!

Tashona Helena

^ Yeah I think I'm gonna buy the second one in the post, it looks pretty legit. I can't believe how much people fake MAC...it's crazy. I was hoping I could get to another CCO (because the one I work near suucccks, I know they wouldn't get Barbie stuff) to see if they had Barbie but with school starting soon I don't think I'm gonna have time to travel.
ssad.gif
So yeah,I appreciate you guys help!

Natalie_Necro

I'm pretty sure that one is a fake. I took a closeup photo of the embossing on my Beautyburst in case it helps anyone
smiles.gif
This is what the embossing looks like on ALL the Barbie Loves MAC shadows. Ooh and as the previous poster said, the MAC logo printed on the pot is white, not black.
Beautyburst.jpg

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by chameleonmary
I believe it is a fake... my Beautyburst has white 'MAC' on the top, and the outline of the Barbie logo which is embossed into the powder is an outline, not the entire logo as in the picture. I hope this helps for you to find one in the future!!

Only the first batch of BLM items have a white logo - the batches after these are black.

*KT*

Even if it wasn't an obvious fake by the embossing, the other thing that would strike me as weird is this statement "This shadow is brand new but it is missing the label, therefor I am able to pass on the savings to you." Yet she's got 9 of them weird is that she's got 9 of them available for purchase... so cheap because the label is missing? MAC made a mistake x9 and I got them all? Yeah, right.

Fake goods really grind me!

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by endlessnot
BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! Skinny Skipper??? You've got to be kidding.

I have to admit its a nice shade of green; I wish that had been one of the colors in this collection (but it couldn't be called Skinny Skipper because that would be politically incorrect).