Fake Mac Cosmetics on Ebay!

So I came across this post on Ebay Guides, which maybe you've already read. It was about how to identify fake Mac cosmetics. Since I found it interesting, I thought I'd pass it along. Here are some pics and general guidelines on how to avoid spending your money on crappy imitations. And yes, there are many crappy imitations out there. Usually they say "limited edition" or "only avail in Asia" in hopes that you jump at the carrot.

Here are some pics of fake products. Some are obvious, some aren't so obvious:

62_2.JPG

MAC Lipglasses are not that long or narrow

06_2.JPG

Sponge applicators, squeeze bottles

81_2.JPG

Wow- this one's really bad...

ee_2.JPG

The box gives this one away

36_2.JPG

Too fat and too high to be a MAC eyeshadow

61_2.JPG

41_2.JPG

Some general guidelines:

• MAC Cosmetics products all have names. They don't have numbers and "Shimmery Eye Shadow Shade #6" doesn't count as a name.

• MAC eyeshadows do not come with a sponge tip applicator and a mirror. Eyeshadows do not separate into two compartments like Studio Fix.

• Don't be fooled by words like EXCLUSIVE and RARE and ONLY IN EUROPE/ASIA/ETC. With a little research you can find rare shades of anything on eBay but don't assume just because it says rare that it's real.

• While old MAC packaging had screw tops, the line is now comes in flip top containers. They have always been black with the exception of some of their Limited Edition collections.

• MAC Cosmetics do not have defective products and then sell it at a lesser cost. They do not participate in Gift With Purchases or pre-packaged samples. The closest thing to this is a Estee Lauder Cosmetics Company Outlet but they only sell some products and not at a super deep discount.
Hope you find this as interesting as I did!! Big thanks to the original poster, super quail, on the website below:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Avoiding-fak...:-1:LISTINGS:6

wolfsong

Are all of the tall e/s fake? Ive seen alot of them floating around and ive always wondered about them. You can tell the ones in the photo are fakes as the window is rimmed.
Ive seen the 3rd one down before, i think someone actually bought it
lmao.gif

wolfsong

Do they actually go as far enough to fake campaign photos?

Dont they realise that they dont need that kind of thing - it can be half empty with the obviously fake, rimmed windowed lid falling off and someone, somewhere will buy it...
th_crazy2.gif