Fake MAC Fetish Lipstick

Tracey1025

I received a lipstick in a swap today and it has to be a fake. I have never seen a label like this one and I need some advise.

The label says:
Fetish Revised VS2 (WN) sample - and there is NO MAC wording in a circle around the label.

img_2780.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

Thanks for your advise.....
smiles.gif

Tracey1025

hmmm...I have never heard of that. What is a sample of MAC lipstick?

We were supposed to be swapping (on MUA) for a "regular" MAC lipstick in Fetish. I would never have swapped for this and when I went back to look at her description, she changed the description to now read:

MACFetish*Sent*Lipstick
Used about 3x with seperate brush - still in box. Marked AStral x 2 on bottom but is the shade of Fetish. I believe it may be a sample but is full sized.

Which does not even describe this one...the whole thing is weird to me.

Thanks for your opinion!

lara

It's a sample under a working name, used prior to release for artists, trainers and sometimes media to test out the products.

erine1881

its not fake. that lipstick is actually astral from neo sci-fi and not fetish at all.

the working name (fetish revised vs 2) was given because it is similar in color to fetish, but slightly different.

if you were intending to buy fetish, then they sent you the wrong lipstick.

Tracey1025

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
its not fake. that lipstick is actually astral from neo sci-fi and not fetish at all.

the working name (fetish revised vs 2) was given because it is similar in color to fetish, but slightly different.

if you were intending to buy fetish, then they sent you the wrong lipstick.

Thank you so much for the information, that clears up why she is now referring to it as Astral.

I have decided to just reverse the swap (she sent first) because it is not what I asked for and it is not what her original description said.

Thanks again!
Tracey