Fake MAC from StrawberryNet?

lian_qiu

I've made the same post on MUA and someone said it's better to post it here as well. So here it goes...

I've made several purchases (all non-MAC) from SNet and never had problems. But a few weeks ago I got 2 MAC e/s (Romp and Humid) and when I depotted them, I noticed the bottom of the pan wasn't flat. There both had a dented ring at the bottom. And I've never seen them with all my other MAC e/s from the counter.

Also when I realised this, I checked the lettering, and any other details on the packaging with e/s I got from the counter, and don't see anything different.

Plz tell me they were just a bad batch, not fake!!??

Also I saw something people talking about SNet on the Vogue Australia forum and someone was saying their pigments are fake, because they are selling the same pigment colors as a lot of the known/identified fake MAC sellers on ebay. They also said SNet may have got their stock from an illegitimate source and might not know they are re-selling fakes.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lian_qiu
I've made the same post on MUA and someone said it's better to post it here as well. So here it goes...

I've made several purchases (all non-MAC) from SNet and never had problems. But a few weeks ago I got 2 MAC e/s (Romp and Humid) and when I depotted them, I noticed the bottom of the pan wasn't flat. There both had a dented ring at the bottom. And I've never seen them with all my other MAC e/s from the counter.

Also when I realised this, I checked the lettering, and any other details on the packaging with e/s I got from the counter, and don't see anything different.

Plz tell me they were just a bad batch, not fake!!??

Also I saw something people talking about SNet on the Vogue Australia forum and someone was saying their pigments are fake, because they are selling the same pigment colors as a lot of the known/identified fake MAC sellers on ebay. They also said SNet may have got their stock from an illegitimate source and might not know they are re-selling fakes.

Ugh dented ring. I *think* they have kind of perfected the eyeshadow packaging except for the pan?

As for someone talking about SNet on Vogue Australia re fake pigments and stuff... I did say something like that in Vogue Australia in the All-in-one MAC thread. Don't think anyone actually read my post because no one responded to it. SNet DID sell the same batch of 8 pigments that was confirmed fake a few months ago. I have NO idea how they get their "stock" but as said hundreds of times, MAC does NOT do wholesale for onward resale so SNet most probably got their "stock" from illegitimate source(s).

panda0410

ITA - I saw the same fake pigments being sold on snet... nobody listens until they actually buy the bloody things and then cry fake.....er, you were warned, remember???........

Kana

damn!! i thought strawberrynet was above selling fake..... another dissapointment!

Xqueeze_me

Apparently a lot of the MAC they sold are 'legit' according the buyers.

I'm just wary about the "MAC" pigments and eyeshadows.

Still though, never know they're legit stuff or stolen goods or just damn good fakes?

AVOID ALERT.
angry.gif

lian_qiu

I still have the pots, and took another look at the sticker on the back. Now they do seem a little different from the ones I got at the counter. Romp's fonts seemed particularly white, and the writing on Humid is also a little different.

I took some pics with comparisons.
http://img.makeupalley.com/4/9/2/2/918013.JPG

Now I think I do believe they are fake...I can't believe this!!! Do you think SNet is only selling fake MAC? What about all the other brands? I just ordered some Biotherm skincare, and I don't even know if I should use them now when the package arrives.

rockin

What makes it worse is that ebay are hosting ads for StrawberryNet, not just in the listings, but underneath searches where they put adverts for companies outside of ebay that you 'might be interested in'. (Anyone ever noticed how 9 times out of 10 they are for totally unrelated products, and are only there because one word in your search matched? LOL)

It's bad enough that ebay are advertising companies which might take business away from the people who pay to list on ebay, (although I believe strawberrynet do list there also) but to advertise companies that sell fakes .....

loci

But does other brands S.Net carry good?
I've bought 2 Dior Lip Gloss and they are both real (I guess that packaging it harder to fake...)

lian_qiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by loci
But does other brands S.Net carry good?
I've bought 2 Dior Lip Gloss and they are both real (I guess that packaging it harder to fake...)

That's also my other concern. Maybe in the future avoid buying brands that are known to have fakes? or just buy everything at the counter

Nadeshda

I just hope that SN doesn't sell fakes, I know it is pretty much the only option some people had to buy some makeup brands!
ssad.gif
While the pans raise suspicion, they are also selling some lipglasses from the N collection... I don't know if the people who make fake MAC would go as far as faking lipglasses from a LE that is a few months old, and I don't know if SN would buy from more than one supplier.

Let's wait for MAC's reply regarding the pans and see.

lara

I have some MAC eyeshadows coming from Strawberrynet tomorrow, I'll give them a good going over and check for you.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lian_qiu
I still have the pots, and took another look at the sticker on the back. Now they do seem a little different from the ones I got at the counter. Romp's fonts seemed particularly white, and the writing on Humid is also a little different.

I took some pics with comparisons.
http://img.makeupalley.com/4/9/2/2/918013.JPG

The sticker on the bottom can vary - All my MAC shadows were bought from a counter and the colours of the sticker (and the writing on the sticker) has varied from that light grey on dark grey to off-white on shiny black. in terms of the humid sticker - i do have e/s with a sticker like that as well.

unfortunately the sticker is not a always a reliable indicator of a fake
ssad.gif

Mrschloe

I bought falling star and club from SNEt and they also have dented pans! Some others that I bought didn't.

But thats the only diference, I believe this is older e/s they have. The pot, the sticker IS GENUINE. I compared to tons of mac e/s and to the fake guides out there! I wouldn't worry!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrschloe
I bought falling star and club from SNEt and they also have dented pans! Some others that I bought didn't.

But thats the only diference, I believe this is older e/s they have. The pot, the sticker IS GENUINE. I compared to tons of mac e/s and to the fake guides out there! I wouldn't worry!

I just depotted an older 'screw top' eyeshadow last night. It "expired" in 98 so I guess that eyeshadow was made around 1996. The back of the pan is smooth. I will upload pics later.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrschloe

i wouldnt believe everything you see or read.... 1) some of those guides are terribly out of date and do not entail descriptions of updated fakes, and 2) some of the pics in previous threads are showing fakes to have the same pots and stickers as authentic mac.

Mrschloe

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
i wouldnt believe everything you see or read.... 1) some of those guides are terribly out of date and do not entail descriptions of updated fakes, and 2) some of the pics in previous threads are showing fakes to have the same pots and stickers as authentic mac.

I agree! But hey its just my opinion. I'm not loosing my sleep thinking if my 2 e/s are fake or not. the matter of fact I love the coulors, they are as pigmented and as beautiful as all my other mac e/s...falling star in now one my faves.

But people bothored by this just really mail snet about this. Question them!

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
I just depotted an older 'screw top' eyeshadow last night. It "expired" in 98 so I guess that eyeshadow was made around 1996. The back of the pan is smooth. I will upload pics later.

As promised, here are the pics:

Scene1.jpg
Scene2.jpg
Scene3.jpg

Scene4.jpg

Scene5.jpg
Scene6.jpg

Funny how the inside states "MADE IN INDONESIA" but the label on the back of the eyeshadow states "MADE IN CANADA". Maybe the parts are made in Indonesia but the eyeshadow is made in Canada.
th_dunno.gif