Fake MAC lipstick

MiZz_LeY

Do they make fake MAC lipsticks, and how can I tell if it is fake?
I've bought a lipstick on ebay, and i'm not sure if it's real..
I thought that she was a trusted seller, but maybe I'm wrong

If I try to put a lid of one of my autentic lipsticks on the one I just bought then it doesn't "click" in.

Thanks!

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZz_LeY
Do they make fake MAC lipsticks, and how can I tell if it is fake?
I've bought a lipstick on ebay, and i'm not sure if it's real..
I thought that she was a trusted seller, but maybe I'm wrong

If I try to put a lid of one of my autentic lipsticks on the one I just bought then it doesn't "click" in.

Thanks!

Yes there are plenty of fake lipsticks unfortunately. What shade is it?
Have a look at this thread http://www.specktra.net/forum/f257/f...pstick-150183/

MiZz_LeY

The lipstick is called "Blow Dry" and it's a lustre finish.
I will take a look at the other thread, thanks for the help

Makeup Emporium

There are quite a few sellers that have Blow Dry for sale on EBay. One reason for this is that they did sell it at the last Canadian MAC warehouse sale. Not sure if you bought from a Canadian seller or not but if you did the chances are it came directly from the MAC sale...that's where I got mine.

I have also never seen Blow Dry on a listing of fake lipstick names. Also some of the older lipsticks and newer lipsticks do not have interchangeable caps. In other words not all the lipstick caps will fit all the tubes of lipstick the same way. I have lipsticks that go all the way back to 2000 and the lids are not always interchangeable with the newer colours.

What's the sellers EBay name?

MiZz_LeY

I have purchased it from Jewlz4ever, it is a canadian seller.
I've bought several things from her before and they have always been genuine..
The sent of the lipstick is also different than the others I have. Would it help if I post a picture?

Makeup Emporium

I know that seller is local here and that she buys from the Canadian warehouse sale. I can tell that by 2 things; first she has many items listed in her store that were sold at the last sale and second she responded to another buyer on here in another thread about having bought something at the sale.

I would tend to believe that the lipstick is genuine. Based on her reputation, seeing the items she has for sale plus having bought that lipstick at the warehouse sale myself. I have 2 of the Blow Dry lipsticks from the sale and they are both batch code AA8.

You can post pictures and I will compare to mine but, as I stated above, I tend to think that they are genuine.

MiZz_LeY

I have also noticed that this one has a "hole" where my other 11 ones from the mac shop dont have it. It is located on the inner side down where the lipstick is when turned all the way down. All of them has this line with a crack in on 2 sides, but this one has a square hole to the left of this line as well on 2 sides. I hope you can see it on the picture

4091274742_8070bc7d84.jpg

Makeup Emporium

This is exactly like my Blow Dry...same batch code everything. Mine also has the square hole. I checked some of my other lipsticks and I found a couple of others that also had the hole; Deep in Love & La Di Bra. I did not check all my lippies but the square hole is definitely on some of them. All my lippies either came from MAC stores or the warehouse sale.

My Blow Dry came right from the MAC/Estee Lauder warehouse sale in September so I would say given that yours looks exactly the same as mine it is authentic. So don't worry!

MiZz_LeY

Thank you make up emporium!

However I would like to hear if anyone else has blow dry and has bought it in a mac shop, if it looks the same. I just think its strange that it has a different size when all the others have the same size even the special edition ones.

Cinci

I have many lipsticks that are authentic that the lids do not click perfectly tight. I usually just swap that lid onto another lipstick and it clicks tight on that one.. just like some of the latches on my pro pallets don't click as tightly as on my other ones... I agree wth Makeup Emporium's take on the lipstick. I think it's genuine.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiZz_LeY
Thank you make up emporium!

However I would like to hear if anyone else has blow dry and has bought it in a mac shop, if it looks the same. I just think its strange that it has a different size when all the others have the same size even the special edition ones.

Buying it from a MAC shop is exactly the same as buying it from the MAC warehouse sale (the warehouse sale is just a bigger "shop" with better prices). The stock that goes to the sale is the same stock that went to the stores. The stores are run and stocked by MAC/Estee Lauder and so is the warehouse sale. Buying from the Canada MAC warehouse sale is the same as buying at a CCO, a MAC store, MAC in Macy's, MAC in Nordstrom's, the MAC Long Island warehouse sale etc. The stock is all the same.