Fake MAC pigments or not?

MiZz_LeY

Hey!

I was wondering if these MAC pigments are genuine? I've added some pictures, I hope you guys can help me.
Thanks!
3890122067_0c1c5f1d27.jpg

3890911052_62b0e808bd.jpg

3890909312_92a3a8345e.jpg

3890116403_92432eaca9.jpg

3890905900_a37db3db3c.jpg

3890112969_b7d9975c7b.jpg

3890111291_5e4314c938.jpg

RedRibbon

At first glance I think they're fake because in my experience MAC pigments don't come with those plastic inserts.

TISH1124

^Not sure if they are Fake but all of my pigments have Plastic Inserts and they all come from the Pro store

RedRibbon

Odd, I've seen my friend buy two and open then from Selfridges and they didn't have the inserts.

TISH1124

I honestly wouldn't buy one without the insert...the pigment would be all inside the cap everytime you opened it

TheCollector

Every pigment I've ever bought from Mac (close to 100) has the plastic insert. I would think it was very strange if they didn't. From what I can see from those pics, I think the Pink Bronze is fake. I can't tell about the other ones from those pictures. A clear straight on close up of the bottom of each would help.

RedRibbon

I might have to tell her to return it then.

The only reason we didn't question it was because firstly it was from a legit MAC place and secondly the girl at the counter said that they come without inserts for some reason.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
I might have to tell her to return it then.

The only reason we didn't question it was because firstly it was from a legit MAC place and secondly the girl at the counter said that they come without inserts for some reason.

Sometimes they are stuck up inside the lid/cap and you don't see them when you first take it off, I have a couple like that for some reason..so maybe that is where they were..If not I would certainly question them if they were Brand new

SakurasamaLover

They look all fake to me exept Tan... would need a pick of the bottom of the jar, straight from above. (no angle at all)

But Panda would need to confirm this, she's the expert.
yes.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRibbon
At first glance I think they're fake because in my experience MAC pigments don't come with those plastic inserts.

WTF2.gif
Selfrdiges shouldnt be removing ANY inserts - that implies the pigment has been tampered with and if retail are outlets are physically doing it then you shouldnt be paying full retail price - I know I wouldnt!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
^Not sure if they are Fake but all of my pigments have Plastic Inserts and they all come from the Pro store

Indeed
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Every pigment I've ever bought from Mac (close to 100) has the plastic insert. I would think it was very strange if they didn't. From what I can see from those pics, I think the Pink Bronze is fake. I can't tell about the other ones from those pictures. A clear straight on close up of the bottom of each would help.

Yep
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
They look all fake to me exept Tan... would need a pick of the bottom of the jar, straight from above. (no angle at all)

But Panda would need to confirm this, she's the expert.
yes.gif

greengrin.gif
I think we need better pics, I agree that I think more than one of them are fake.

MiZz_LeY

3892975392_5ca4a19e63.jpg

3892973752_7cbbc4e973.jpg

3892972146_5e403da69a.jpg

3892180417_d966030679.jpg

Here are some more pictures, I can't get a better close up.
It seems like Tan and Pink Bronze have a bigger lid than the other ones.
Thanks for your help!

MiZz_LeY

I have also added Vintage gold in here, because I'm not sure if it's a real one either.
Ill now try to make one of Apricot pink

3892283327_92464baf98.jpg

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
The Pink Bronze and Apricot Pink are fakes. The Vintage Gold is authentic.

I second that
yes.gif

I still wonder about the Tan and Rushmetal though, its kinda blurry.

chickatthegym

^Good idea! I always worry about fakers getting "too good" by reading all the info on here.

I would say that the Rush Metal and Pink Bronze are fake for sure just from the batch codes alone (font style, size, placement and also that code is impossible as previously mentioned).