Fake MAC twitter account alert: MACartists

musicalhouses

I just thought everyone who follows MACartists on Twitter should know - they're NOT AFFILIATED with MAC. This was discovered by the sleuthing skills of member KarlaSugar, who double-checked with MAC. Thank you KarlaSugar!

Acording to KarlaSugar, real MAC artists have usernames like @MAC_Gordon_E @MAC_Vimi_J @MAC_Gina_B @MAC_Gregory_A @MAC_Bianca_A @MAC_Caroline_D

A list of real MAC Artists on twitter can be found here: M·A·C | Artists Tweets

The appropriate tweets from KarlaSugar detailing her findings are here for reference:

Twitter / Karla Sugar: If you're following @MACar ...

Twitter / Karla Sugar: Real MAC artists have user ...

Twitter / Karla Sugar: @Get_Lippie I asked MAC.

Twitter / Karla Sugar: Follow the real MAC artist ...

I'm sure Karla herself will come and post here (if she hasn't already) but I just thought I'd help spread the word in the meantime, since it looks like most of their followers are under the assumption that they are following the real thing.

NatalieMT

*Unfollows* I wonder who they are then?! Because they seem to be giving advice to followers such as 'bring it back to store and we will exchange it for you' etc and are appearing to be acting on behalf of MAC. Very odd, thanks for the heads up on this though!

musicalhouses

I know. I find it disgusting. They are giving out "MAC Tips", answering people's questions, and even having a contest under the guise of being an official MAC twitter account. I've no idea who they are though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
*Unfollows* I wonder who they are then?! Because they seem to be giving advice to followers such as 'bring it back to store and we will exchange it for you' etc and are appearing to be acting on behalf of MAC. Very odd, thanks for the heads up on this though!

NatalieMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalhouses
I know. I find it disgusting. They are giving out "MAC Tips", answering people's questions, and even having a contest under the guise of being an official MAC twitter account. I've no idea who they are though!

The contest worries me because it's not safe to give out your address over the internet to someone you don't know or can't trust!
thmbdn.gif

musicalhouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieMT
The contest worries me because it's not safe to give out your address over the internet to someone you don't know or can't trust!
thmbdn.gif

Omg, that is SO TRUE. :X

RandomnessWithK

holy heck! they had even answered my question about eyeliner and did some recommendations etc on their "MAC products" lol..

and their contest going on - they way they tweet! i really thought it was someone from MAC! will unfollow now!

RandomnessWithK

yea - i had to warn all of my friends that are following them - because they were entered in their contest! i wonder if whoever wins will get fake MAC items
ssad.gif
that's a shame!

capmorlovesmac

*unfollows*
amazed.gif

I was thinking the same about the contest and giving them your address and probably receive either nothing because they just want to collect addresses or receive fakes.
wtff.gif

ledisxo

I never followed them to begin with..but when i saw friends RT there posts i would always roll my eyes..i knew they had nothing to do with mac really.

Thanks for posting!

musicalhouses

Hey girls, the MACArtists twitter account just disappeared. When you try to access their twitter page, it just gives a 404 error. :X I just hope they closed before filching anyone's personal info from their 'giveaway'!