Fake Manish Arora??

TheCollector

Hi all! I've been lurking around here for years, I may have written once... well I finally have a question I can't find on here...

Does anyone know if there are fake Manish Arora's out there?
th_dunno.gif

I bought Devil blush and Shine Manish lipglass on ebay, and am really questioning if they're fakes. I can post photos tomorrow but I was under the impression that *all* MAC authentic items used a UPC label in the form of a sticker. Well these boxes have the UPC label made INTO the box, part of the cardboard, not a sticker.

Is this a tell-tale sign or no?? I spent a lot of money on these... should I open a dispute??

Thanks guys (i'm gonna start hanging out here more)

LD
mac_addict.gif

MissResha

there are mac boxes that have the labels printed into the box along with a sticker. but you should really post pics as soon as you can.

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector
Hi all! I've been lurking around here for years, I may have written once... well I finally have a question I can't find on here...

Does anyone know if there are fake Manish Arora's out there?
th_dunno.gif

I bought Devil blush and Shine Manish lipglass on ebay, and am really questioning if they're fakes. I can post photos tomorrow but I was under the impression that *all* MAC authentic items used a UPC label in the form of a sticker. Well these boxes have the UPC label made INTO the box, part of the cardboard, not a sticker.

Is this a tell-tale sign or no?? I spent a lot of money on these... should I open a dispute??

Thanks guys (i'm gonna start hanging out here more)

LD
mac_addict.gif

Hi
No - they use both. I emailed MAC about this and this is a copy of the reply

Hi Julie

Sorry, my fault I wasn’t very clear. MAC use both stickers and print directly onto packaging.

Click (link removed) to let M·A·C know how helpful we were and what we can improve on and to receive a complimentary M·A·C Gift!

Kind regards,
Liz
M·A·C Online Make-up Artist UK
Hope that helps

TheCollector

Re: Fake Manish Arora?? Pictures

Ok, I took some pictures to show you guys for your opinion. I'm not sure if i'm gonna post them right, and i also have a bunch more if I need to post em.

I can't figure out how to insert the pics, but here is their links:

lipglass:
MobileMe

MobileMe

MobileMe

blush
MobileMe

MobileMe

Thanks for all your help!

TheCollector

Ugh,,, I can't get em to show up. Can anyone tell me an easy way to insert pictures? I've tried all the things I know. thanks!

Candy Christ

When you post a reply, on the same line where bold/italic/underline buttons, there's a button with a little gray mountain on it, you click that and enter the URL of the image. I haven't really seen any Manish Arora fakes but anything's possible on eBay these days.

Candy Christ

I'm still following! The blush has the same information on the back as my MSF (The company name and the M or NCT thing). The sticker that says the name of the color in the middle is inverted to the company name. The font isn't chubby/cheap/too high like most fakes. The lipglass design (the hearts in the circle) match the lipglass tube and so do the color of the hearts. The box looks valid to me (I assume this collection came with the boxes yellow then, IDK I never bought it). The font checks out on the box, so does the weight (I just looked at the MAC website to compare it with the lipglasses there). It looks authentic to me. But you should swatch the blush, did you already? If it has an unusual texture, it could be fake. I found a blog, and the lady said her friend had purchased a fake Fafi blush and that the texture was just disgusting. I could easily find it again (I found it on Google). Hope I helped!

GlamQueen21

By looking at the pics of the Devil blush and the Shine Manish lipglass, they seem authentic to me. I get too scared to buy any collection with special packaging off of Ebay since I might get a fake product from any of the sellers on there. So what I do is look out for 100% authentic items on there.

TheCollector

Thank you both!! That puts my mind more at ease. I usually know the boxes etc on the collections well enough to know better, but not at all with this one...

Where on this site do people post their MAC for sale? I don't think i've ever found that! How exciting! Also, I've always wondered if on here or anywhere else there is a place for products tried 1x.
th_dunno.gif
I have an entire makeup kit's worth of MAC that I've only used once. I can't bring myself to recycle it...just in case...lol...

Have a great day
th_DANCE.gif

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Where on this site do people post their MAC for sale? I don't think i've ever found that! How exciting! Also, I've always wondered if on here or anywhere else there is a place for products tried 1x.
th_dunno.gif
I have an entire makeup kit's worth of MAC that I've only used once. I can't bring myself to recycle it...just in case...lol...

There's a for sale and swap section where you can post what you have for sale. It's in the clearance bin forum. You have to have had a certain number of posts to have access though. If you look at the forums page it's right at the bottom.

Candy Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
There's a for sale and swap section where you can post what you have for sale. It's in the clearance bin forum. You have to have had a certain number of posts to have access though. If you look at the forums page it's right at the bottom.

How many posts do you need to access it?

User38

they look authentic to me too.. these may be products sold in the EU (they have the "e". which is the european stamp.

VintageAqua

Based on what others have said and having LE packaging, I would say they look authetic as well. Sometimes Allcosmeticswholesale.com also has LE items and all of her items are authetic so its good to compate on that site too.

HTH!

TheCollector

Thanks again.
yes.gif

I tried to get into the 'clearance bin' section, and nothing is there ??

Does this mean I am not authorized yet?
th_dunno.gif
Where can I get the rules about this? Thanks guys!

LD

Candy Christ

Quote:
Thanks again.
yes.gif

I tried to get into the 'clearance bin' section, and nothing is there ??

Does this mean I am not authorized yet?
th_dunno.gif
Where can I get the rules about this? Thanks guys!

LD

I do believe you need 20 posts.

kuuipo415

i have the manish devil blush too, and it I just compared it to your picture and it looks exactly the same. I think you have nothing to worry about
smiles.gif

but did u guys see the fake heatherette "blushes" on ebay?? that collection didn't even have blushes! oh it's atrocious!

TISH1124

Users with under 20 posts and who have been registered for less than 5 days will not have access to view or use the clearance bin.