Fake MSFN

Delta Cephei

I just recieved this from eBay and I believe it is fake. The seller keeps claiming it's real, and that MAC does print on boxes. I need some feedback from you guys!

Sony126-1.jpg

Sony124.jpg

Sony125-1.jpg

This is what the seller said after I messaged him about this.
Quote:
hi, it is definately not a fake. you can call mac and they will tell you they do both now. some are stickers and some are printed on the box. it ranges from fountation to lipsticks now. look at my feedback, i sell thousands of pieces, to shops, etc, never ever sold a fake. lmk if this helps. im an honest seller and would never send anyone a fake product.
tks j

spectrolite

I have a bunch of empty boxes from my last MAC purchase which was the holiday stuff and some of them have stickers and some are just printed on. The two blushes, the dazzle creams and a few other things have only printing. The two mineral shadows boxes I have have stickers on them. Looking through my stash at my backup of Sunny By Nature MSF, it also has no sticker - just the printing.

Here are a few pics:

msf_lable.jpg

msf_barcode.jpg

HTH!

Delta Cephei

Hmm, this is the first MAC product I purchased of eBay that has printing so I really have/had no idea.. printing on the bottom looks a little dodgy though. :$

kelly2509t

The above poster is correct, quite a few products I've brought lately just have it printed on rather than a sticker

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Cephei
I just recieved this from eBay and I believe it is fake. The seller keeps claiming it's real, and that MAC does print on boxes. I need some feedback from you guys!

Sony126-1.jpg

Sony124.jpg

Sony125-1.jpg

This is what the seller said after I messaged him about this.

It's fine. MAC are in the process of altering their packaging. They've printed on boxes for some time - shadesticks, dazzleglass, lipsticks , eye shadows - it's just to keep everyone on their toes
yes.gif

Delta Cephei

I'm so confused! I just called the Pro Store in Amsterdam and asked about the printed labels and they said it's fake, they sell MSFN with sticker-labels.

Also, my MSFN&shimmer in Medium is darker than the 'normal' MSFN in medium?

Makeup Emporium

I have been getting products with labels printed directly on the box from MAC for months. MAC started changing over to their new packaging back with the Naked Honey collection earlier this year and there are a couple of threads on this topic already here on Specktra. Whoever you spoke to at the Amsterdam store was not correct. Perhaps that store has never received any MSF's in the new packaging yet. They are selling them here in Canada like that already though depending on the colour.

As for the colour difference there is always a colour difference with the MSF's. No 2 ever seem to be the same.

Based on your pictures your MSF looks genuine to me. Eventually all of the MAC products will be in packaging that has colour names and barcodes all printed directly on the boxes.

darklocke

The new products from MAC has printed "labels" and barcodes, I have several items that I've ordered from MAC Online, and they look just like that. My bet is that it's authentic, not fake.

LMD84

yes i have had a fair few items with print on the box. i think that your msf natural is real and not fake.